View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Chapter 52 (Part - B) end of chapter 52

“Chang! I’m going to toss something down to you, make sure you catch it please, and tell Officer Riley to hold on to it for us” Tintin replied.
“Ok Tintin I’m ready!” Chang said keenly watching what Tintin took out of his pocket. Slowly, Tintin underhandedly tossed a small object down towards the boat. The wind blew it to the right, but Chang was impressively swift enough to follow the object catching it right in his hand. Tintin cringed a little out of fear that it would fall into the water and be lost forever, but sighed with relief when Chang held it up high.

“Climb up, it’s secure!” Tintin said trying to be loud enough for his companions to hear him but not loud enough for anyone else.
“Be my guest!” Thompson bowed to his partner.
“By all means, be my guest!” Thomson mimicked.
Chang returned to the steering room while the Detectives were deciding who was going to climb up first.

“Here, Tintin wants you two to hold on to this” Chang explained handing it to Officer Riley.
“What is this—this little cube?” Officer Riley said examining it off the dashboard light.
“It’s very important, that’s all I know. Please don’t lose it” Chang finished.
“Fine, hurry up and get this mission over with, this ship gets creepier by the moment” Officer Jenkins commented.

Chang nodded and returned back outside only to see the two Detectives still arguing over who would climb the rope first. Chang took the initiative and jumped onto the rope and began climbing with great agility.
“Wow look at him go!” Thomson was amazed.
“That kid’s got spunk!” Thompson commented.
Within fifteen seconds, Chang had climbed twenty feet and easily got on board.
“Bravo Chang!” Even Tintin was amazed.

As soon as Chang stepped foot on to the deck he could instantly sense the dark energy all around him. At first it was overwhelming for Chang to be in such an unholy place as he closed his eyes for a moment mentally pushing back the negative energy that threaten to consume him. It almost felt painful for Chang.

“Come on Detectives!” Tintin urged.
The two Detectives looked at each other with apprehension.
“You two call yourselves detectives?!” Tintin taunted in a bid to spur them into action.
Thompson immediately felt insulted and took the rope and began to climb fast at first repelling against the side of the ship, then slowly.
“Come on Detective you’re almost here!” Tintin encouraged.

Thompson gave it his all, and the last few feet up as Tintin helped him on board.
“I knew you could do it! Now you’re turn!” Tintin pointed to Thomson.
“I’m getting too old for this” Thompson commented then noticed Chang’s unease.
“Are you ok Chang?” Thompson asked walked up close to him.
“…I’m fine, just need to get used to…” Chang said as if he was carrying a heavy weight on his shoulder.
“I’m coming!” Thomson almost pouted.
“You couldn’t be any louder could you?” Officer Riley almost frightened Thomson out of his stupor as he jumped onto the rope and began to quickly climb traversing the side of the ship.

Tintin gave the ok signal to Officer Riley and Officer Riley signaled back to Tintin meaning they would rendezvous in an hour.
“Tintin, something is wrong with Chang?” Thompson asked as Chang seemed to be in pain.
“Chang! What’s wrong!?” Tintin rushed to his side with concern.
“I’m sorry to worry you Tintin, but this ship has so much evil on it and I can feel the pain that victims have endured on here” Chang explained.
“Well you’re with us now Chang” Thompson smiled.
“Nothing to fear, we’ll protect you” Thomson declared.
“Thanks Detectives, we need to hurry and complete our mission” Chang nodded but still kept feeling this persistent pain in his head sensing ill intentions almost all around them.Snowy stood with his tail tucked between his legs smelling in all direction and growling quietly.

“What is it boy?” Tintin asked Snowy.

Snowy too seemed overwhelmed by his canine sense of danger.
Tintin took out his gun as did the Detectives scanning the ship. There were crates in the middle stacked almost four meters high chained down to the deck. Tintin could hear movement on the other side of the ship which was well lit but the fog made it difficult to see clearly.

Tintin motioned for all of them to follow him as he led them closer to the lit side of the ship where some crates were being lowered into the hold. The crewmen seemed to be working tirelessly. Tintin spotted a couple of ways they could get to the lower decks. One way was just up ahead without anyone guarding it. The other way was not too far from the bridge but there were a couple of crewmen standing nearby with one of those Doberman Pincers. Tintin motioned for them to go back as they hid behind some crates.

“So what did you see?” Chang asked Tintin
“There are two ways, one seems like it is unguarded, but who knows how many corridors or rooms we may have to pass before we are able to descend. The other is just below what I think is the bridge which is guarded not only by crewmen, but by those—Doberman creatures” Tintin informed everyone.

“We knew this wouldn’t be easy” Chang said acceptingly. “Should we split up to search?” Chang followed up with a question.
“No, it’s too dangerous, we stay together…” Tintin shook his head.
“We can’t just waltz by them” Thompson whispered.
“Yea, they’ll alert the others for sure…and what about that dog!” Thomson added in quietly.
Tintin stood quietly as Chang too was trying to come up with a solution; and, suddenly it hit them.
“Let Chang and I borrow your canes” Tintin suddenly got an idea.
“Those tranquilizers in their canes!” Chang whispered in triumph.
“Exactly!” Tintin smiled.

“I’ll go to the other side and tranquilize the dog first” Chang volunteered.
“I’ll go with you” Thompson put a firm hand on Chang’s shoulder.
“No Mr. Thompson, I have to move silently. It’s better I go alone” Chang explained politely as Thompson handed him his cane.

Chang quickly disappeared into the darkness behind them. Tintin took Thomson’s cane and moved closer. Tintin waited anxiously hoping to see Chang on the other side, but the fog made it difficult. A couple of minutes passed and without warning the Doberman began barking moving towards Chang’s side.

“Oh no!” Tintin put his hand over his mouth thinking that the poison may not be strong enough.
“Who goes there?!” one of the crewmen said following the dog, and within a few moments the dog became silent.
“What’s wrong with this—“ the man stopped in mid-sentence. Tintin knew it was his turn to act.
“Hey!” the other man shouted turning his back to Tintin giving him the perfect opportunity.
Tintin aimed the end of the cane and fired a sleep-poisoned dart hitting the man directly in the back. The man reached around grabbing at the dart pulling it out.

“Ouch!” he turned around pulling out a gun looking behind him. He saw Tintin and was about to fire at him, but as soon as he took a step the gun fell out of his hand and he passed out on to deck.
To Tintin’s relief, Chang emerged from the other side with Thompson’s cane.
“Come on, let’s continue” Chang urged. Both Detectives were watching closely with their guns armed.

“You kids definitely are something else” Thomson commented.
“Indeed! Good work!” Thompson complimented.
“Don’t thank us, thank Professor Calculus because without your canes it wouldn’t have been so easy” Tintin replied.
Footsteps could be heard approaching as they were walking in the corridor that led to one of the stairwells to the bottom. Tintin wondered just how much time they would have until the alarm would be sounded announcing their arrival.
“Quickly Tintin!” Chang urgently spurred his friend into action.
As they were running into the stairwell a blood curdling scream was heard from down below. All of them stopped dead in their tracks. Snowy’s ears perked up.
“That’s my brother! Hurry!” Tintin exclaimed running ahead of Chang as they blindly rushed down the stairs.