View Single Post
Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 02:53 AM

I love old movies! I hope someone here does, too.

Even though I don't like all of her movies, I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan. My favorites are "My Fair Lady" and "How to Steal a Million" from the 1960s and "Roman Holiday" from the 1950s. Some of her most popular films, though, are "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's," and I really disliked them! I want to see "Green Mansions" because I love, love, love the book, but I haven't been able to find the film. The one I'm most on the fence about is "Sabrina." I love the concept but I just do not like Humphrey Bogart in that film. I can't understand why she fell for him...

Probably my favorite classic black and white film is "Gaslight" with Ingrid Bergman from the 1940s. It's about a woman who keeps misplacing things and thinking things are true that aren't, and the lights in her house mysteriously flicker at night. She doesn't know if she's haunted or going crazy. Her husband makes things worse by treating her like a child. In the end she discovers he was trying to make her think she was crazy, because he wanted rid of her. He married her for her wealth. It's scary!

After watching "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" I have become a Joan Crawford fan. Please tell me what Joan Crawford films you love!