View Single Post
Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-29-2010, 02:40 PM

I think the stickies need to be reworked, to be honest. If I were the mod for Fresh Meat I'd only have the rules sticky and newbie starter guide sticky. Then the newbie starter guide would need to be reworked to include more of the stickies that handle questions dealing with BBcode and how the site works. So basically just link to more of the FAQs of different sections of the site.

Having a lot of stickies at the top of each new forum I'm visiting is intimidating when I'm a new user on a forum.

Also, sometimes people don't have the time or energy to read all of those multiple stickies at the top when they first sign up so only have two or three might make it seem more manageable because we definitely want people reading the rules before they post.

--

I think it's a great idea to move the newbie charities to the newbie forum and as one of those people that Crow was talking about I'd be happy to travel with the charity to the newbie section. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal unless the majority of people are actually clicking around the website. Personally I subscribe to all the threads I have anything to do with instead of going looking for each thread the next time I want to post there.

*account is under a year old*