View Single Post
Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-16-2018, 06:32 PM

Charlie pulled out her phone as she sat down in her car. As she started to dial Tracy's number, her phone rang. Glancing at the caller id, her bright mood soured. She swiped to decline the call and then dialed Tracy's number.

"What's up, chickadee?" The voice on the other end answered after two rings.

"Not much. Myles told me you got some candidates." Charlie responded.

"Sure do! I had three but one bailed. Claimed that Happy Tykes offered him some huge discount." The voice continued. "Told him that no discount could make me send my kid there. They serve those children nothing but junk food!"

"The horror, Tracy, the horror." Charlie chuckled. "I'll have you know that your darling husband and I grew up on nothing but junk food. And we're mostly fit as a fiddle."

"That was before I got a hold of you two. And I know." Tracy answered. "I'm not saying it's all bad. But they don't even offer fruit. You can get that cheap at the farmer's market. Anyway, the other two are ours. I decided to take them both. One is a single father who recently moved here. Poor guy's got it rough from what I gathered. I'm going to call him later and let him know to stop by tomorrow or the next day to fill out the paperwork. The other is a bit different than what we are used to..."

"Different? How?" Charlie was a bit nervous to ask. The last time Tracy pulled something like this it was the twin terrors from last year. Two girls who, at the age of 6, knew how to push every button of the staff. It took three of their daycare workers quitting before Tracy admitted that they were not a good fit.

"Not a bad different, I promise." Tracy hastily explained. "It's a single mother who has to go back to work after her husband left her. We usually deal with older kids but her daughter is six months old. I can't say no... You know that."

"As long as she's not one of the terrors, that should be ok. All those years of babysitting our cousins should pay off for me. And Myles needs the practice." Charlie teased. The night before, Tracy confided in Charlie about a positive pregnancy test. "Have you told him yet?"

"I will tonight. Over dinner." Tracy responded, a hint of excitement in her voice. "Six years, we have tried." Charlie knew how important it was for her brother and wife. Tracy was the mother type. Myles would make for a good father though Charlie knew he would be worried about turning out like their father. "Well, let me head off! I got calls to make. I'll see you in the morning?"

"Sure thing!" Charlie responded. They said their good-byes and Charlie hung up. During that call, she had a couple missed calls. "Dude needs to chill out. I'm not answering him. He knows that."