View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-11-2015, 10:17 PM

Thursday- 5/7/2015- This was the big day, the day I was set to leave to come down to NYC to meet ziggles and spend the week with her. I had to be up really early that day because the lady on the phone said to be there an hour early. So my train left at 9AM, I had to be there by 8AM, takes an hour to get there, so I was up by 4:30 to check my bag for the hundreth time as well as pack all the electronics that had been charging around my room the previous night to take with me on the train ride.

My mother and the baby(my sisters baby, not mine) came with me to drop me off at the train station. We got there at like 7:45, brought the back in had that checked in by like 8:00 and then waited. And Waited, and waited some more. So my mother drove me down the street to McDonald's to grab some breakfast while we waited. My train showed up at like 9:30, half hour late, oh wells.

So then I spent the train ride watching the Blacklist and playing on my phone and documenting the number of stops. There where some interesting characters on the train. One guy who lives up in the mountains (and totally looked like a mountain man) spent over an hour giving me a history of western new york. Another girl spent the entire 9 1/2 hours sleeping. The one lady was really loud and had a Jamaican accent and kept saying things that I found really amusing.

Overall the train ride was interesting but by the end of 9 1/2 hours my knee was screaming and my butt was asleep.

Meeting Ziggles was fun too! We left from the train station. Walked through NYC, which I had totally forgotten just how big it was. Walked to the Subway station (which I am totally getting to be a pro at btw) took the subway which at the time was confusing, and I think I nearly fell on my bum once or twice. But then we walked from the subway to her house, we stopped by this little fruit stand which is really close to her house, that was fun too. Then we went up to her apartment, set up an air mattress and cooked us some gravy sage chicken. Fun times!

Daily Challenge- Fortunate- Well I must say I think this fell on a very ironic day. I will say that I find myself to be very fortunate that I was still able to come to new york and not miss out on my big NYC adventure when I had hurt my knee so badly just days before. Thank god my knee was good enough under a brace to go.