View Single Post
Little Miss
Queen of all things Yellow

Old 10-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Soul Eater
Username: Little Miss
Word count: 370
Entry:It was the last night of October. The wind grew chill and trickled down my spine, the muffled laughter of children laughing as the walked by. Dressed in armor, sheets, and gowns, carrying bags filled with all sorts of treats. I was too old for this foolish dress-up children perform.
The windows of the streets were clear with Halloween decorations and candy. Each I hated as I passed. At the end of the street though, there was one long store. Its windows were blacked and a small sign read on the door “open”. I wondered why I had never seen such a store before, without a title or anything. I walked in, the faint lights glowed inside. “Hello?” I called, honestly hoping to hear an answer. “Hello.” Responded a voice. It was a beautiful voice, almost sung with the power of angels. “U-uh.” I stuttered, “What do you sell here?” I asked, seeing shelves with nothing and counters vacant. “Oh.” Said the voice, “I sell the most wonderful of things, everything you desire. Come in, you’re foot is still out the door.” I wondered how they knew, but I obediently came inside. “Where are you?” I asked, my voice like a child’s. “Here.” Responded the voice, “come, I’ll show you something.” I followed, of course I did. I saw no one, but a dark figure. I walked up. I expected a beautiful person to match with the voice, what I got was something different. The eyes were like a demons, teeth bared in a way of hostility. I screamed, ran over and tried for the door, there was none. No windows either, no shelves or empty counters. Nothing. It was dark. The angelic voice started speaking, I could feel the breath on my cheek. “Goodnight.” She whispered, and just like that I could feel it. I could feel the darkness. It devoured me, starting with my legs and flooding into my mouth. I couldn’t breath, my eyes saw nothing. No light, no darkness, nothing. I wasn’t there, my presence was one. I couldn’t feel my body, but…I wasn’t in my body. I was extracted, my body left rotting now in that very shop, which has probably disappeared from the town.