Thread: The Messengers
View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 04-19-2014, 12:34 AM

Eddie snatched the cane back and grasped it under the curved end with one hand, slowly bringing his other up and down as if it were an absentminded maneuver. "Now, did you not just hear me? You can only save your skin by being able to handle one of these weapons, and that's very difficult to do, even for a Messenger---me, and what my kind are. We go through a very extensive training program to learn to wield these weapons, and a human cannot do it. Not easily. They can't learn in one day, or ever, perhaps. It's just too difficult. Now, as to your moving..."

He turned, leaning against the wall that had been at his side a moment ago. "I think you'll be safe for a couple days. Once the demons begin to understand your abilities, though, they'll start to hang about quite often. They'll want to get a bead on you. Eventually they'll attack and if none of my kind are around, they'll drag you to the other side of the Veil where no humans can see and rip you right up. And you'll be dead. Of course your soul will be trapped like so many others, but this means you'll be trapped forever, or dragged into the Void. And trust, that isn't where you want to be. Now, I can give you a little while to think about what you want to do but you have to make some kind of decision. I'm not stupid enough not to say you'll be safe with me and my kind, but that's up to you to decide." He crossed his arms and gave the man a hard look.