View Single Post
Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-16-2018, 02:44 PM

Luckily the scrape on Susie's knee looked worse than it was. Charlie rewarded the young girl with a sticker. As the duo made their way back outside, Charlie looked at the clock on the wall. 12:25. In less than twenty minutes, most of the children would be headed home. Only a couple would remain until a later time but Myles would be watching them. While the daycare operated on full days, a lot of the parents worked different shifts and only needed someone to watch their children for a few hours in the morning. Myles' wife, Tracy, and Charlie had discussed before working to spread the word of the daycare to those who needed it in the afternoon too.

"Ok, Susie." Charlie said to the young girl. "Your mom will be here soon. Do you want to go back outside or stay in here?"

"I wanna go back out!" The girl exclaimed. "I want to show Faith my stickers!" Charlie smiled and they headed outside where Myles was. It was a sight to be seen as Myles was being chased by four children.

"Sis! Thank god you're here!" He panted, power walking up to her. "I think it's your turn to be the ice cream man."

"Nah, I got a better game for them." Charlie said with a smirk. "Kids, we're going to play 'Pick up'. You all know how we play that?" The kids nodded though one of the taller boys groaned.

"Do we hafta?" He asked.

"No, but you know that if you don't pick up your mess then you can't play out here the next time you're over. Everyone has to do their part in cleaning." She answered. The boy still grumbled but she knew he would clean up. It was one issue his father was struggling with at home and he asked Charlie to help.

Once all the toys in the yard were picked up, Myles and Charlie brought the kids inside to wait on their parents. One by one, they left until both Susie and the boy was left. Myles gave Charlie the go-ahead to leave and she grabbed her stuff.