Thread: Heart Code
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2020, 09:31 PM

"How should I know without opening the box," Kaede huffed. "I don't look at what sort of ingredients get ordered." E.v.a dealt with the food or the previous order just auto-shipped and he didn't pay attention to the results. Still, he didn't expect much of a surprise as he slit the box open with a knife. Inside, a kaleidoscope of colored glass and soft fabric met his eye. Pretty mosaic birds were nestled in what must have been handspun fabric, wicker eggs, and other strange bobbles that might have resembled children's toys were strewn in between. The calligraphed note thanked him for contributing to the organization intent on preserving human arts with his purchase of...nonsense. This was absolute nonsense. Kaede pushed the box away and grabbed his tablet again.

"Such useless things. We can hardly cook with 'pretty toys.' Should I order from somewhere instead, even though all the chain restaurants are just mockeries of human needs, just like this? Vitamin pills are more worthwhile. E.v.a, send this box back and see what happened to our delivery. I'll be in the lab." Then, just like that, he was striding back down the hall, obviously having seen no beauty in what humans called art.