View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 PM

Tall. They were all so damned tall. She wasn't- barely over five feet, most of the Marines towered over her diminutive form. Of course, most sailors were short these days. Tight spaces and cramped bunks meant that tall people just weren't as comfortable on anything but luxury Starships.

And the Cour, for all her beauty and speed, was not a luxury ship.

Three decks, with one devoted completely to cargo, it was one of the smallest Warships. She was old as well- used in the Galaxy wars nearly fifty years previous. The Cour had been built to survive fierce battles, to run quick and clean.

"The Captain is right here." It was amusing, seeing the Marines act like a bunch of excited school children disembarking the shuttle. Pushing herself off of the wall, she moved over to Barnabas Williams.

His reputation and name preceded him, and knowing that he was to be in charge of this mission made the paper order all the more clear.

"Welcome to my ship, Major Williams" She offered, offering him a strong handshake. "If you'd like, I can show you and your men their bunks and offer you all a crash course on the basics of The Cour Valant." Professional. She tried to keep some of the gruff out of her voice. After all, it wasn't his fault that her ship and services had been commandeered.

"Please follow me. Darcy and James will see to the cargo." Without waiting for his answer, she turned to lead the way to the cargo hold.