View Single Post
AGhost
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Eve hated apologizing. Hated it with a passion, even when she was a small child on the farm, she hated it.

'Too much pride in this one. She'll learn.' One of the foreman had said when she had accidentally broken one of the rusted pair of shears and refused to apologized.

Of course, shortly after he said that he had back handed her, and she got a rare blistering when she got home. Shaking the thoughts from her head, she paused in front of the sleeping quarters door in time to hear him insult her for being a woman.

Hmph. Once again biting back her anger, she slipped into the room, looking down at the Major.

"Major. I wanted to apologize for that wrench hitting you. I hadn't intended to throw it at you." Well, that was honest enough, wasn't it? She was a little sorry he'd gotten hit by the wrench because it'd likely make him a whiny pain in her ass for the next few days while it healed, and she really hadn't meant to throw the wrench at him.

Amy smiled as Lukas left and only Paddy remained. With the secondary engine fixed and running, their wasn't much really for her to do. She sat down on a metal chair that had been bolted to the floor and looked at him.

"No inspections? That'd be a dream. We stand 'em weekly- make sure the ship is in good working order and such. But afterwards is the fun part." She listened to his talk about his boys, raising a pale eyebrow.

"Well, we'll see my man. I've seen our champ best more than her fair share of large men. Quick she is- quick, and with a lot of pent up rage. Mr. Mitchell says that's why she's such a bonny fighter."

The cook looked up from the meat he was boiling at the fancy-dressed man in front of him. Cook was a short man- shorter than the Captain, and incredibly skinny. He wore a stained shirt that might have once been white (but that was many years ago) and black pants- also gray with age and mottled with food stains of dinners past.

"'Ead cook? Are you mad man? I'm the cook, if that's what ye be asking." He wiped his hands off on a grimy towel and offered his right out to shake Andrew's.

"Name's Beard, but everyone just calls me Cook. S'pose it's 'cuz that's what I do. And patch 'em up and such." He gave a toothless grin to Andrew.

"What brings you to my kitchen? You look a right fine gentleman. Were you wanting a bite to et?"