View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 11-26-2015, 01:49 AM

In the light of the SociPad, Mannik gave a small smile, and looked slightly amused. "Ade-" He paused, and seemed to decide against calling her name. "Miss Wislawa, I live in Below." He reminded her, and his grin became just slightly wider. "I'm in danger everyday. At least with this, I am making a choice whether to stay here or go.

Adelmar's expression changed slightly, and Mannik's smile left his face. His pace quickened, and in the light of the pad, the shadows behind him seemed larger. Menacing, and occasionally, one would shift a move. Most likely, Mannik's gun was in his hand, like when he had brought Adelmar through the streets. The more she spoke, the more his frown deepened. "No...don't call the police yet.

"The people he was reporting to? They could have people in the police. If they mean to do you harm, or remove you in any way, this could be the perfect way. I'll think on this. Although...I've changed my mind. You may have to see me. I'm sorry. Just...if he was working for someone, and he was spying on you..." Mannik gave a slight shrug, glancing away from the screen. "Just...don't do anything, alright? It's got me worried."

"Drunk?" Mannik repeated back, his eyes narrowing. He stared at Adelmar intently for a moment. It was clear she was leaving a lot out, and Mannik didn't like that. He didn't comment, however, instead focusing on the situation. "No cover up story. I'd like you to get yourself something to drink, and wait in the room we da-" A pang shot up Mannik's stomach. He'd been trying to block that one time night out of his mind. "The room we had ice cream in. Alright? A drink, and wait. Draw, play your piano, read a book, just something to distract you and let your mind calm down a bit. I'll let myself in, is that alright?" Mannik waited for her answer, before he hung up, pressing another button, leaving her with four little words, "It will be alright."

~</3~

Unable to help it, Sarah's face turned pink as Zenon's fingers brushed hers. His touch made her hand shake slightly, and she forced herself to take a small sip of the wine.

He stood, music began playing, and he offered his hand. Sarah turned a darker shade, becoming more red. She really needed to get her blushing in control. What was wrong with her?!

Slowly, Imhoff stood and took the male's hand. Before they could begin, however, her chest began to jingle. Sarah gave a small squeak of surprise, taken off guard. Her hand left Zenon's, and she turned around, digging in her chest. She removed her old, beat up SociPad and pressed it to her face, glancing back and giving Zenon an apologetic look. "Yes?" She barked. Mannik's face lite up the metal square.

Mannik stared at the screen for a moment, puzzled and caught off guard. Was Sarah wearing a dress?! "Er...There's an issue..." His gaze shifted, and his eyes narrowed. Was that Zenon?! His night was getting worse. "In Above. I'm headed there now. Is that makeup?"

"We discussed this. You aren't to return there." Sarah seemed to have forgotten how she was dressed. Mannik wouldn't call unless it was an emergancy, though his words made her cheeks redden again. "Yes, it's for..." Sarah tried to think of an excuse, but couldn't come up with anything. "Why are you going to Above?"

"It's...important. I was calling to let you know I wouldn't be available...I was wondering if you'd be able to help anyone who came tonight...but...where are you? Why are you with him???" As Mannik was speaking, he was climbing into his small ship. "Why do you look like that?"

"Mannik, I swear, if it's about that girl again, I will strip you of your position and that ship will go to someone who won't abuse it!" Sarah pointedly ignored the questions, and Mannik glared at the screen. She tensed slightly, and it was clear it was uncomfortable and dragging her out of the moment with Zenon. Mannik had reminded her the male was engaged, yet here she was, planning on going to a ball with him.

His voice grew in anger. "You...." His gaze shifted to stare accusingly at Zenon. "You should be there for your girl, instead of trying to sleep with anything that moves! What's wrong with you? What's wrong with both of you?!" Feeling more flustered than ever, Mannik hung up as Sarah opened her mouth to reply. The redhead groaned, and sank into a fluffy chair, stuffing the SociPad back into her bosom.

She sat like that for a moment. It had been nice, she supposed, to pretend like everything was alright. But, something was clearing going on with Adelmar, otherwise Mannik wouldn't be acting like a fool again. And regardless of how he felt about Sarah, Zenon had a commitment to Adelmar. "You should call her." Sarah finally stated, not looking up, though her hands dropped from her face. "If Mannik is worked up, something must be going on." The commander bit her lip, and finally raised her head, though she was still refusing to look at the male. Suddenly, she felt foolish again, as if she was a little kid playing dress up. She didn't belong in fancy clothing. Didn't belong in the world until the world below was better.