View Single Post
Kisu
When Did I Become This?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 AM

Sarah felt herself blushing brightly as Zenon intertwined their fingers. This man made her feel so giddy and excited with such a small gesture. The red headed woman glanced at the man from Above on occasion, though her looks were mostly puzzled.

She really couldn’t wrap her head around this man. But the more time she spent with Zenon, the less she wanted this to be some fling. Unfortunately, with his record, that is all she could assume she was. Then again…

Her free hand moved to touch the necklace Zenon had gotten her. Really, it was doubtful he got trinkets like this for all the girls. A lot of thought had gone into this. Sarah chewed on her lip, her blue eyes focused on the passing clouds. Her hand did tighten around his slightly, but otherwise her thoughts remained her own.

At least until the male spoke. Sarah jerked slightly, and glanced over, raising an eyebrow. “Oh? Well, I do believe you are driving the ship, sir, so it would seem I’m under your mercy. Lead on…” She gave Zenon a playful grin, before propping her head up on her hand, her elbow leaning on the side.

~</3~

Mannik waited until Adelmar finished her objections. “It’s not safe for them to be here. But here they are.” He seemed to expect more objections, but didn’t really give her a whole lot of time to continue. “And they won’t be the only ones. There will be some others. There will be enough rotation that they shouldn’t be too recognizable, even to you.”

He paused, clearly wanting to say more, though was clearly impeded by the presence of the others. This was solved as Adelmar dragged him into the next room. “Two weeks?” He repeated numbly, glancing down at her hand wrapped around his arm. “What are you talking about?”

With a sigh, Mannik looked up from his arm and redirected his thoughts. It was always hard to do when she touched him. “I don’t care. Whatever you have planned…. which….” Mannik paused to narrow his eyes and give her a sharp look, “Which I already disagree with, I don’t care. It’s not worth risking you. Whether you agree or not, you’ll have people around you now. This won’t happen again.”