View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-10-2015, 07:53 PM

For the most part, Roy was silent. There was no need to talk, especially as they approached the outskirts. If they uttered a word before slipping past the cams, they might get caught and turned around. The security out in these parts was heavy but there were cracks and alleyways just outside the all seeing eye's scope, making it possible to get to wherever Caden was taking them.

Only a few times did Roy have to yank Caden back to keep the wolf-boy from getting caught. It was odd, too, for Roy wasn't the one with wolf senses, but he supposed his brother was just eager to get away. Not to mention, Roy had learned to be the cautious one, not for his sake, but for the sake of his brother, who's species was hunted.

As they neared the outer wall, Roy made note of the land's condition. It was overgrown with roots, decaying and dying, as if a dry-spell had forced them to shrink into nothing. The walls here were an off-white, likely from dust and the lack of life. There was also little shade, save for that which was cast by looming, crumbling buildings that were marked with hazard tape to keep people from entering.

Paying no attention, he walked right into Caden's back. As the air in his lungs escaped him, the raven laughed before stepping back. "Sorry, I was admiring the grunge. It's very... grungy."

Assuming they were at their destination--why else would he stop?--, the golden eyed human ducked around his brother to spy two women and one translucent jackal.

"Aden," he said in a semi-annoyed tone, "if you were planning to meet up with friends, you could have told me."

Completely ignoring anything the twin likely said, he marched forward and cockily introduced himself to Inara and Anke. "Aden here didn't tell me we were meeting friends. But anyway, as you probably know, I'm Roy." He would have stuck his hand out but he knew proper etiquette dictated waiting for the woman to make the invitation to shake. "So how did you three met?"

Hand on hip, he whirled his head around to look at Caden. "Uh, bro, why are you still standing over there. These are your friends, don't act so timid. You don't have to play it cool for me."

Meanwhile, the little jackal just signed, knowing full-well what Roy was getting himself into.