View Single Post
Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 10-21-2013, 04:52 AM

Angel startled while studying a folded item and glanced around for the offending thing. One of is bags had fallen onto its side and had made its way onto the lighter side of the room. "Heh... Must've fallen." He grabbed the bag, setting it upright and making sure it wouldn't fall this time. "Sorry about that, old bag. But it's not dirty, I keep my things clean." Maybe he didn't exactly keep his room that clean, but stuffing things away and making it all perfect just felt... too wrong. He took off the white sheet covering the bed and put on, instead, a dark red one made of cotton. Warmer that way. Then a light sheet, dark green, and a heavier blanket, this one very faintly plaid in red and gray. On top of it all was folded in half a quilt. It was big and thick, and both sides told his family's story through the generations. His mother had added a few squares recently. Hoping not to get on his new roommate's bad side, Angel put everything back on his bed in case it tried to run off again, and pulled in the unmade furniture. It was all easily assembled quietly, and with handheld tools, so it wouldn't disturb him.

"I never thought I'd come to a prep school." He said after a moment, settling in to reassemble his bookshelves before anything else. His roommate hadn't started reading yet, after all. "I guess my parents are just... so country, I didn't think it'd be open to me. Or maybe they wouldn't like it. Are you learning anything specific?" Opening the tool bag, Angel smiled lightly as he found all the screws and hinges, beginning a quick and fixed reassembly process that seemed to have been learned a long time ago, and honed into his blood. His question had merit---while most were here to learn specific skills and jobs, others wanted to familiarize themselves with just about everything, and get overwhelmed in the process. He didn't like the thought of being so overwhelmed...