View Single Post
salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Old 01-09-2016, 04:57 AM

Friday, January 1, 2016 - Last year’s resolutions

I happen to still have the piece of paper where I wrote down last year’s resolutions (and have subsequently written down this year’s resolutions underneath). So, I can give an accurate description of what I had hoped to accomplish last year.

My first resolution last year was to spend more time with family. Unfortunately, I definitely did not spend as much time with my family this past summer because I was almost always out hanging out with friends and making new ones. But after that, I definitely can say that I have tried my best to spend as much time with my family as possible. I now mostly live away from home, at a distance that is far enough that I can’t conveniently travel back and forth to visit. It is a sad but hopefully temporary situation. But I come home every weekend when I have time so that I can finally do things like have dinner with them and talk and go shopping and dance and sing and all the other random things I do with the people I love and grew up knowing. So I would say that at this moment, and probably in the future, I will be successful at maintaining this resolution.

My second resolution last year was to declutter. I am somewhat unfortunate in that I like to keep things but really don’t have the space to have all this stuff and still have the house look tidy. So I either need a bigger house or less stuff, haha! And the thing is, I don’t use most of this stuff I have. So I have been trying to get rid of things I don’t need. For example, I donated some toys around Christmastime. It makes me feel good that children will be able to enjoy these toys that I really have no use for anymore.

Last edited by salvete; 12-31-2016 at 06:08 PM..