View Single Post
maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple Plan's song "Astronaut"

Old 06-06-2012, 02:17 PM

Mindy and Jake rode out of the yard and towards town at a canter. Flying along the country rode, they enjoyed a few minutes of pleasure before slowing down to walk. Mindy asked Jake, "So how was the tutor session last night?" Jake shook his head and shrugged, "Nothing I care to repeat. Sure, we had textbooks on our laps. However the librarian was practically pushing her daughter at me and the daughter didn't mind one bit. I rather not go through that again." Mindy felt a twinge of jealousy at that but didn't say much. Technically the librarian was part of one of the large families in town. The Kennults.

They glided smoothly in town. He waved goodbye to her and turned towards the cafe to catch up on the local gossip. She turned towards the mission. Reaching it, she stabled Shakespeare and headed inside. It was calm and cool. Seeing the priest, she walked over, "I wouldn't mind a little meditating today Father." He turned and grinned, "Well let me unlock the prayer garden for you dear." He led her to a high walled in area and unlocked the thick gate. Shutting the door behind her after giving her the key, he went on his way with a click echoing as he departed.

Mindy looked around the prayer garden. It was actually more than that. Going to a shed, she retrieved her throwing knives that she kept here and started to practice. The use of blades, any blade, was something she felt extremely confident in. Thanks to the former assassin that lived here. No one would suspect a priest of having such deadly skill.