View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 PM

Bez! Right. The strange name had embedded itself in a corner of his memory although they hadn't really met more than the regular hi and wave that Alec gave everyone. It was a relief that he didn't seem too suspicious of him. Last thing he needed was to have police called on him. "Nice to meet you, too, and, please, just call me Alec," he smiled slightly forced, although it was probably lost in the dim light. But the sentiment was genuine. This soccer player seemed like a nice guy. Under other circumstances, he'd strike up small chat, perhaps invite to have coffee or beer together sometimes. Alec's life lacked close friends, Cheryl made sure none stuck around.

Just like now she was reason he couldn't have a casual talk with Bez. Not that this was best situation for it anyway. "Yeah, houses like these require lot of maintenance," he nodded at fence commentary. Especially if things like Cheryl kept messing them up. And by God, she wasn't only one. "You can say that again," he chuckled in agreement about weather and then quirked eyebrow when other man told of his profession: "Niice."

At mention of phone, he patted his jacket's pocket, but didn't find the familiar square there and although he looked around, trying to make out its shape on ground and even checked in car, Alec knew it was futile. Of course she'd take or hide it to stress him out even further. "Looks like I've lost mine, probably fell out in the tumble," taller man said apologetically. "But I remember Mr. Weir's number." If either of them dialed it, there'd be no response however - and why would there be, since they were out on a date, sure that they had left their child and home in safe hands?

It only helped to fuel Alec's anxiety and at Bez's mention about creep he internally sighed. If only this guy knew... Or maybe he did? After all, this was probably not first time he was running during, judging by his get-up. It was nearly impossible he hadn't noticed anything at all... No time to ponder it, however. "Looks like I'll have to do it the old way," he said as a joke, but voice was a bit too grim. He considered the help offer and then accepted it: "Extra pair of hands and good head might be just what the doctor ordered."

Of course, having another person could cause some issues, since it'd be harder to talk with Cheryl, but if someone was hurt in there, he'd need someone to stay with Weirs. His height and strength was his advantage and he easily pulled himself up, grabbing into fence and threw himself over it in one quick move. Muddy ground that expected him on the other side wasn't good for landing, but he managed to keep his footing. He offered hand to help his 'partner in crime', but the guy handled himself professionally.

And then he started sprinting towards mansion. From here, he could see that now light was lit in at least five rooms, but it kept flickering as they approached and then went out completely, leaving whole building in complete dark. "Cheryl, what are you up to..." he breathed out as he stopped at the large, sturdy main doors. Grabbing the knocker that looked like hand (creepy!), he banged heavily. Again and again. "Maybe the old servant doors on right are open," Alec mused out loud. The back doors he needed to fix stairs for most likely would be unlocked, but it'd take a while to get all around the building. However, if they split up, he could try to call his sister out.

Last edited by sadrain; 06-20-2014 at 12:00 AM..