View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-24-2014, 12:40 AM

((What!? I never got a notification for this! I thought I was waiting on you Rain! Deerrpp. Next time someone complain at me, lol! Waiting on me for more than a day or two is very unusual.
Also, feel free to invite other people to the play! More characters would be super duper. ))

Erin twisted at the knob, but nothing happened still. "Jackson!" she yelled now. She could hear him stirring in there. "Jackson, come open up the door," she said, trying not to sound panicked. Just then, she heard a wail from somewhere in the house, and it sent a chill up her spine. It hadn't sounded like a real person. It was something else.

Had the Weirs known their house was haunted? Why the hell would they stay here? They couldn't deal with stuff like this on a regular basis, there was just no way. Something dripped into her hair, and she reached up to run a hand over her ponytail. She thought nothing of it at first, until she got a second drop, and a third.

She looked up, but could see nothing in the darkness. "Jackson!" she yelled again. "Erin?" he finally responded, sounding drowsy. A boom of thunder and flash of lightning shook and lit the house enough for Erin to see something streaked down the hall. It was dark again so quickly, she couldn't be sure what it was she'd seen. Had it been water? Water from someone's boots?

Her heart raced. Maybe it was, blood? But then, what was dripping... on her..... All she could imagine was some awful Ring child on the ceiling staring down at her, and she held her breath, just as Jackson opened the door.

Erin let out a breath of relief, while pushing him back inside and squeezing through the gap. She slammed the door behind her quickly. "Erin, what's happening?" Jackson asked her. "My door was unlocked," he added. She stared at him in the darkness, not actually seeing him. That was impossible. The door was absolutely locked, or jammed...

She had knelt down to Jackson's level, holding onto his arm. "Everything is alright," she said, "But we need to leave, okay?" She tried to steady her breath and voice, but Jackson knew better. Thunder boomed and lightning flashed again and Jackson wrapped his arms around her. "Erin, I'm scared!" he exclaimed. "Why do we have to go?"

"The power went out in the storm," she said. "We're just going to go down the street until the power comes back on at your house. No big deal." She sounded more confident this time, but while wondering what might be outside the door, she was feeling a lot less than that inside. "Are you ready?" she asked him. She felt him nod.

Erin picked him up, holding him close. She held her breath, and opened up the door. Now was not the time to freeze in fear. She needed to get Jackson out of here. She needed to get out of here. Erin stepped out into the hall. They had a ways to go. Halls, stairs, the entire lower level of the maze of a house to the side door where her car was parked.

And then they heard the sound of crashing items and another wail. "Erin!" Jackson wailed. "What was that!?" He was scared, and so was she. They both held each other tighter. "There must be a window open down there, blowing things around," she lied. "And a cat. It was a howling cat, that's all." She headed for the stairs slowly, with one hand out.

"No reason to be afraid," she said, seemingly to Jackson, though more to herself. I just need to get outside. If I can just get us outside.... She stepped in something wet with her bare feet. The puddles in the hall. Water? Blood....? Keep it together Erin, she told herself. Erin maneuvered rather quickly down the stairs once she'd found them.

Now would be the hardest part. Maneuvering through a house she'd never even fully been all through, that was a mansion, in the dark, carrying a small child, with a great possibility that someone else was in here toying with them, just waiting around the corner...