View Single Post
Smores
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 03-17-2012, 04:26 AM

Talon stood at the wheel of his ship, listening to the mermaid struggle to climb the rope he had thrown. Clearly she had not been on land much if at all. He grabbed the wheel and spun it hard, jamming it in place with his gun. Then he walked over to the edge of his ship and gazed down. She was determined, he would give her that. Not one to give up. Still she did not seem strong enough to complete such a task. The captain, as always, was right.

As she slipped his sword arm came to the rescue, with incredible speed and grip she would be pulled aboard. And she was. He pulled her over the railing and brought her body upon the deck. "Close enough." He smirked and dragged his rope back aboard, it had no use but better not to waste what could be of use later on. "You have yet to walk much I see, then why are you so close to the land?" Talon glanced over her, she had no weapons and she seemed in no state to pose a threat to anybody on board.

Unjamming the wheel by re-holstering his gun he yelled to his crew, "Prepare the planks, we port in but a moment." His eyes were still cold and calculated, but now his mind worked quick as to this mermaids possible use. She would certainly anger The Spirits, but they had been quite for some time now. Their promised vengeance weighed on the Captains mind.

"I have no shirt to give you." He turned his gaze upon the mermaid once more, then over to the rope and the surrounding area. Nothing she could use to cover up. "This will take a moment." He turned his attention to the port. The crew had already made haste to lay down the boards and already sprinted to the places they would expect to find anything of worth.

They knew how it worked. Kill all the children, and women. Though the women you could have your way with - as long as that did not affect ones ability to work. Though luckily most of the men were to damaged to lust after woman, it tended to save time on raids. The men? Talon had no care for. He had them killed as well, occasionally he would arm them and entertain himself and crew with fights. Though that became boring to the captain very long ago.

The ship creaked once more, it would not move until the captain wished it too. No need for the anchors other ships would use. He made his way to the lower deck, and to his quarters. He closed his door behind him though he was only their for a moment. Leaving with some form of black cloth and leather belt.

Silently moving up the stairs he dropped the black cloth and leather belt, "Something to cover yourself with. For your sake." He shook his head, knowing his crew would no doubt be intrigued by this new addition. Though maybe the fear would keep them in line. Only one way to know, and the crew was already gone - dispersed amongst the rubble. The screams of women and children alike rang through the port, and the sound of blades clashing soon followed.

This mermaid. She could be of use... but she would need to be able to walk first. Then she would need to know the basics. "Do not go below decks. You would wish the punishment was death." The captain glanced over her, his eyes were dark. His face emotionless, this was one of the more important rules. "Do not enter my quarters unless asked. The punishment is death." He stood before her, arms crossed. Her lack of clothing with no affect, he was stern and monotone in his warnings. "You will walk with me at all times, and not talk to my crew." Talon left his warnings of death behind on that one, saving them for more important matters. "My word is law, my orders to be met - and my judgement final. Again, you will wish for death." Talon looked deep into her eyes, this was not only his rule - but a pirates rule. Still most importantly, a captains rule. This was the single most important rule, unsurpassed by any other.

Still those rules would suffice for now. It would take too much time to bring her to terms with everything his crew already knew of. She just need follow these rules and she would be fine. Still, he needed to address her with some respect.

"A name perhaps?" His lips barely parting, the sound of his voice seemed to slip out like a bad secret. Yet so clearly heard. "You must also practice your walk. I wont be going anywhere unless a crew mate finds something Id find of interest." He glanced over the port. This had better bring him something, besides aggravating those damned spirits.

Though watching the fire of the port was refreshing, it made him feel accomplished. That ship had not challenged him - and for that he saved time. Though, he had prepared for it. He walked down the stairs once more and below deck, where no living thing had permission to be. He trusted the mermaid to care for herself as he dealt with what he must, what truly required attention.

So he did, and he did well. Moments after he had gone below, he had once again come above decks. Then but moments after that, the ship rocked side to side - as if large waves crashed against the side of the ship. Though there was no waves in sight. They were not needed after all.

A plan not used, is a trap spared he always said. Though this mermaid was a surprise of her own. She was clearly different... No mermaid would ever come this close to men - and be so calm. "You are not a prisoner, but my rules are the rules. Please ask what you like." Talon nodded his head gently forward as to be curious, but not yielding any authority.

"But recall that I am the captain."

Come get some wonderful art from; Arc Angels Wonderful Art Store!