View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 PM

Holly didn't realize that her tears were so loud, she didn't hear someone approaching her. She only noticed that someone was there when she saw their shadow looming from the light that surrounded it. Still, she nearly jumped out of her skin when a person, attached to the shadow, came into view.

Were they human? What sort of creature were they, she was unsure, still, she immediately shot up to a standing position and wrapped her long tail around her arm, holding it close to her chest as she slowly backed away from the person.

"I don't know what you want with me, but I didn't do anything to deserve this!" She nearly shouted, but thought better of it, seeing as how, if this person was human, they were alone and their friends could be nearby. "... I wouldn't hurt anyone. I don't understand... Why are you attacking me?!"

The fear that was welling in her heart soon started to fade and she felt herself getting a little braver for a moment... Then, in almost the same instant when she heard the other voices echoing in the woods, she immediately panicked again. She let go of her tail and let it stand up as she looked around in fear. So much for humans not being bad... Well, that idea was long gone now. She looked at the person who spoke to her with a sour expression, tears now wetting her eyelashes.

"I refuse to let anything happen to this forest." She whispered, "That was my promise..." When the voices grew a little louder, Holly turned away from the stranger and ran off to hide in the foliage.