View Single Post
xuvrette
(づ。❤‿ ❤。)づ

Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 AM

Tell my job base on my attitude. Go on, Guess it. XD
It is rather well done and you are in luck that I am using Photoshop. XD I like the way you place the palette in zigzag way. Like confetti.

First of all, I would like to know your... vision. What you try to design, what fabric, the characteristic of the design.

SHAPE
Both the cardigan and boots have very good shape. Depending on your fabric, you could need some creases near the waist. The spot where your elbows fold would always have some creases, that is one thing to add.

SHADE
Generally, the shading looks okay and fine. But I notice that there are a few specks of lightest shade seemed to be forcefully put there because... you thought you have to use all shades? Not necessarily. At the sleeves, there are a few specks of lightest shade that I feel isolated... And talking about lightsource on a curve surface. Viewer's left arm the highlighted zone should be higher up, not in the centre, as the light comes from viewers top left.
Also, depending on your surface of the cardigan, your shading could be improved. Maybe the palette is too dark, but the lightest pixel is showing up more like a glowing spot on the abdomen/tummy part. Only zooming in can notice the folds, which is inconsistent with the shape as tightfitted. A clothe CAN be tightfitted on the upper part and get loose on the lower part. Make your choice.

As for your boots. The problem of over dithering... could result in noise/fuzzy surface. Observe how the items/base are shading in a 'shape' and not all of them have dithering.
Another thing about your shading palette connection. It seems like you have such a perfect mathemathical relationship between each shades. As in, shade 2 between shade 1 and 3, shade 4 close to 3. etc. BUT, outline should not be a shade value right next to the base color. Noticable at the golden sole. Outline don't work as precise as base colour as well, making both outline and base colour's palette this close would result in outline being merged too much into the base. It is fine for small pices like 4 pixels? I am afraid when you use the same habit in BIGGER piece, it would surely look weird.

Still please do answer my question in chocolate.
I had been in this thread twice. First, it only have opening, next day I come in saw the pixel WANTED to post, but notice you have a index going on, figure you haven' t finish yet.

Mariaria~ Why me first?

Last edited by xuvrette; 04-29-2013 at 04:16 AM..