View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM

Amory let his thoughts wonder for a moment over why Sam would then choose to take this job, especially if he already knew of Aneta's attitude. Is he desperate for the work? He didn't seem poorly dressed when I first saw him speaking with Aneta, but maybe he is coming from a bad situation. Or rather, he just need a side job? He allowed himself to picture a variety of possible scenarios that he fancied the man could be facing right now, but did not have the audacity to ask something to personal of someone he'd just met. What was he doing here last night? Amory remembered him talking about needing a place to smoke, but there had been something too unsettling about him then for Amory to now believe that, with the change he now saw in him.

The seeming embarrassment coming from the other had him puzzled, ceasing his few moments of humming as he watched, curious of his behavior as he made the suggestion. Raising an eyebrow at him, Amory contemplated the request. It could make things earlier, and he seems to know what he is doing. Why the shy face? Shaking his head a little, unsure of what to surmise, he shrugged. "Alright, ya got me. I'll have a talk with him," he decided, casually enough, not thinking the request had been anything groundbreaking. It truly wasn't a lot to ask for of him, and the Don would love any suggestion to better this place, to add more class. This could certainly do just that, in a subtle way.

As Amory faced Sam's questions over his wardrobe choices, he gave a little shrug, then sighed softly. "To be honest, I'm still rather new here. Back at my old gig, there wasn't much control for me," he spoke quietly now, not fond of thinking back, and definitely understating his feelings. He had had no control at that point in time. Quickly diverting to the present to answer the question fully, he then chuckled and lightened up, "I guess I never thought to take the initiative in getting my opinion in here. Aneta is a woman I'd rather not face, if ya catch my drift." He smiled a little once more, liking the idea that the suit option he had chosen was a good one. Amory liked to think he had some clue in what looked good; he was also more than happy to hear that this was teh choice originally designated for him by Sam. He had also picked well. Maybe having him nearer by is a good decision, after all... He decided after some thought, trying to push back the voice demanding that he was also much-needed eye candy. "I'll ensure the Don at least hears this suggestion of yours, it would certainly be handy to have you nearby." He spoke thoughtfully, though his phrasing didn't quite make it out the way he wished it to.

What Amory hadn't expected, but probably should have, was that Sam would help him dress. It was typical of Aneta or a stagehand to do so, traditional even, but the idea of this man seeing him change was a bit intimidating. Relax, he begged himself, He's just doing his job. Brushing the embarrassment from his mind, he grinned at the other as he removed his vest and button-up and accepted the shirt he had been offered. Amory was not built by any means, but he had some tone in his lean frame that kept him from being lanky. As he changed, he averted Sam's eyes, still feeling the hesitation of changing in his presence despite his effort to not think of it in that way. Once he was done, he adjusted the jacket a bit before smiling at the fit. Turning to look in his mirror, he nodded, happy with the outfit. "Great choice," he commented happily, turning to flash a broad smile over his shoulder at Sam.

At the mention of his eyes, Amory turned to fully face Sam again, grinning. "Of course they don't unnerve me. There is quite a lot in this business that does, but you are not one of them." He assured the other, not that he was sure he had needed to say that. As his hand then reached out to brush his cheek, Amory froze, looking in awe at his hand as he again felt the tingle of the contact of his skin. For not a second longer after Sam had removed his hand did Amory allow himself to look at him, instead turning his back to him as he moved to sit once again, his gaze downward cast. A handsome man cannot distract you from keeping your focus. Don't get trapped again. You have only just escaped. Grin fading, Amory looked in the direction of the bouquet for a quiet moment, wondering again about whom this angel was before he replied again.

"I give you free rein. Let's see what you can do," he decided to test him in his own way, a small smile making its way to his lips as he looked back at the man from where he sat, facing the mirror now. "You're new and need to impress Aneta, so have at it." He added sweetly, seeming to understand the need for Sam to prove himself in this new position. Amory had been in a similar boat until his performance last night; that, he believed, had secured his position rather well.