View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:56 AM

Amory smiled gratefully, nodding in response to Sam. "I am alright for now, but thank you. Yes, I'll let you know in the future." That was a lie, but he wasn't being incapacitated by it. It was just a mild ache that he could definitely work around. He's observant, I'll have to keep that in mind. He noted, after seeing how he picked up so easily on his facial expression and body behavior. Or perhaps I'm simply an open book. In either case, I need to work on that... He was still appreciative of the offer, he just did not want to ask him to go through the extra effort when he was already helping to make his life easier in other ways. What he had already done was more than enough for Amory to be thankful for.

As he was reminded that timing could be important in when he spoke with the Don, Amory nodded in understanding. Same seemed a bit persistent with this subject, so he would have to be sure to get that talk over with when he got the chance. It could mean his job, after all, if Aneta had a tantrum. Amory wanted nothing to do with being the reason that someone was fired, much the less killed. His thoughts kept circling last night in unprecedented ways, but he would always find a way to distract himself. In this case, it was Sam's mention of his having a lady friend. Best not to deny that one. The rumors are enough as they are... Rubbing the back of his neck, he simply nodded instead of refuting the idea. "I will let you know if any of those circumstances arise," he spoke in good faith, knowing that he indeed would, but felt a tug at his gut for not denying that. It just didn't feel right to make it seem like a possibility. Amory could have women- he could have Don's wives, if he was daring - but he didn't want them. He let his gaze drift back to Sam, with those dark curls and the intriguing eyes. Then he was gone.

Amory sat quietly humming once more, thinking of the conversation he had just been a part of a bit more than he would have liked to. When he heard the knock, his heart fluttered, as soon he'd be on stage again. Not for the audience quite yet, but the adrenaline he got for rehearsals was enough to make him smile. Switching his mindset to focusing on the song he had kept humming through, he cleared his throat and drank quite a bit of water in preparation. A few minutes before they began, he left the sanctuary that was his room to greet the band again, already practicing on stage.

Smiling in greeting again, the men spoke for a few short seconds before stagehands began to go through the introductions. Amory was opening tonight, and had most of the night under his control. There were only two short breaks during his set, one of which he had been told earlier would probably be occupied by speaking with Don Carpi.