View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM

Hearing Sam's questions, but not wishing to face them right now, Amory instead kept himself focused on getting away from the other man before he allowed himself to stay with him. He needed to sing tonight, and he had already been distracted enough, regardless of whether or not Sam had truly been injured that badly. If he stays, he'd be fine. Couldn't run into other goons, but it'd be best that the Don and Aneta didn't see the state he was in. That would just make a scene. The Don would certainly busy himself with hunting the men down, and that meant a tough questioning for Sam and a strange look for Amory, since he was personally helping him out to take care and cover it up. Sighing, his thoughts buzzed as he walked about backstage, looking amongst the people present for the stage manager. As if the present rumors were not enough... Amory recalled that even Sam had asked whether or not he had been sleeping with Don Carpi, a thought that sent a little wave of disgust through him. I do like men, but... but that assumption is vile.

As he brushed shoulders with the small variety of performers practicing backstage, Amory let his gaze scan the little crowd, seeking out the stage manager. However, as a gruff voice overpowered the chatter and musical notes flitting up into the air, he recognized the voice of his Don and ceased his search, instead weaving through the crowd to exit out onto the small stage. Smiling as he saw the Don walking in, Amory greeted him with a friendly attitude. He was much better to mask his emotions in front of this man, not that he truly often felt the need to. He was appreciative of Carpi, so speaking with him on casual terms, even about morbid business, was something that didn't actually dim his smile. Even if he wasn't fond of he particular topic.

The way the man had chosen to phrase the topic, however, piqued Amory's interest. Hopping off of the stage casually, he rose a curious an eyebrow as the Don approached. So, the Angel that night really was just a figment of my imagination. Those flowers were just sent by a fan. Feeling a small wave of relief, and dropping the puzzle pieces he had been sorting through there, he would smile at what was said. It was good to see his employer in such good spirits, and he didn't mind their reasoning. Having a killer caught and off the streets was a breath of fresh air for him, even if he may be standing in front of one now. "Glad to here," he began cheerfully, "I'm surprised that went over so smoothly, all for the best!" Amory's smile only widened once he was asked about the performance tonight, knowing the Don may appreciate what he had to say. "I'm going with an up-beat set tonight, a string of music to dance to. Should have the folks filling the floor!" He spoke, excited, gesturing towards the dance floor they now stood now. "Hopefully a nice lot of women to draw 'em in, too," he added slyly, as if he would be interested in said girls. He had no liking for them whatsoever, but he knew his Don, and he fancied the likes of having pretty girls around. They're both something to look at, and good for business.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-20-2014 at 08:52 PM..