View Single Post
fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2010, 03:15 AM

3. Sad

"Do you think that love really exists? Or is it just something that we convince ourselves is real in order to cope with the disappointments of life?" Felicia asked.

"Of course it exists." Drake said with a toothy smile. "You just haven't felt it yet."

"I'll believe it when I see it." She said.

"Then you will never believe it. It is something that you know from deep inside your chest. Feels kind of like popcorn popping over a fire. But. You never actually see it. No pink hearts floating above your love's head. Just a feeling." His eyes were glazed over and distant. Felicia knew he was remembering a time before time. She ran her fingers along his turquoise scales at the side of his belly. Dragons have been known to live for thousands of years.

"You are a good friend Drake." Felicia said. "Let's go. We've put this off long enough."

Drake stood up, stretching his long snake-like neck, and stepped out of the cave. Felicia followed by his side with her shield out and her short sword bared. A small army waited for them just over the hill and the two warriors walked towards them slowly and with purpose.

"I'll miss you Drake." She said.

"If we are both dead neither one of us will miss the other." Drake said.

"That makes me so sad." Felicia said just as they reached the hilltop and the waiting army.