Thread: Beautiful Beast
View Single Post
~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:54 AM

Reaching the alcove, Gemini found that she was not entirely surprised that it was empty. Somehow, while she had been distracted, Shail had fled. How long had he been gone? It doesn't matter. I own this land, I can find him. There is nowhere to hide. She thought, but strangely the thought held no heat. Normally, her anger would have sparked by now, growing quickly into a raging fire of wrath that her belonging was gone. But there was no anger, no spark. Only a strange, heavy feeling. She didn't know what it was- or, she didn't want to know.

After staring numbly into the empty alcove for an undeterminable amount of time, Gemini shook herself out of her stupor. Shail couldn't have run back to the village. They would only have forced him back out. Which meant that, rather than return to her, he had taken his chances with the desert. This thought brought another nameless emotion crashing over her. Shail's lungs were weak. What if they gave out? The sun would cook him if there wasn't cover nearby. And if the sun didn't get him, she shifting sands would. She had to find him before a sandstorm began!

She had no time for her slow human form, so she shed it quickly and took the form of a magnificent, pure white horse and started running. She didn't often use this form, but she was still able to manipulate the form easily. Wind would have been faster, but that brought the risk of a sandstorm. She was thankful for the soft sands, which held the shape of the boy's footprints still, though they were starting to disappear already. Soon she had only a vague sense of the direction he may have gone in. She slowed to a canter, using her ears to listen for his breathing.