Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 02-27-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkypisces View Post
Hey. This sites in troublr
I was thinking the same thing.

---------- Post added 02-27-2019 at 07:20 AM ----------

Hello, Dazz. Highway 97 through Oregon has been hit with much snow recently. How do I know? Because I'm in it. So much so that I decided to put chains on them thar tires. And I chipped a nail puttin' 'em on, too. Well, no more slipping and sliding like they do in those snowy car crash compilation videos.

While cruising along at the breakneck speed of 30 mph, I came upon a tractor trailer that had slid off the road, but remained upright. I didn't look like any State Police had checked it out, so I stopped to see if anyone was home. I struggled through waist deep snow (with shorts on) and banged on the door. The driver was ok. Said he was waiting for a wrecker to come. I offered him food and water. He only needed water. Fortunately, his engine was still running, so he was keeping warm that way.

On my way back to my own tractor, a verbose snow plow driver stopped to check on us. He told me that further up the road, driving conditions would improve. That didn't happen. Then he told that all plow drivers were working 12 hour shifts. 12 on. 12 off. Thanks. I needed to know that.

Now I'm parked at Gordy's in La Pine where the remainder of the unplowed dirt lot is covered in waist high snow.

In case you were wondering, it didn't take long to regret wearing shorts tromping around in deep snow. All that cold started stinging me. Negative outcome. Not good. I was NOT enjoying a cold one. But my tractor heater works well, and I recovered quickly.

More snowy misadventures tomorrow..