View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-18-2016, 01:30 AM

His expression never changing, Vadim watched as the mother told her daughter of all her wrongs. Maybe the slight wave of joy that washed over him made him more of a beast in this form than as a monster, but he couldn't stop he feeling. The girl needed to grow up anyway. Life was hard and cruel. Chuckling, he watched as Belle tore away from them. "You didn't try to stop this either," he accused the mother, grinning once again at her petty excuses. It was a casual little thorn that he threw, not really caring if she responded or not. He turned his gaze to watch Belle's final retreat before she was gone from view. His heart ached for a second, but then he reminded himself that she couldn't fully escape him.

Sighing, Vadim spoke seriously. "While I could take her with me now, I have no intentions of doing so. She's far too young and don't want to babysit." A partial sneer formed on his face, but he didn't mean it. He was just in the habit of being a beast. In reality, he had no idea the daughter he was to win would be little more than a child now. "When she turns sixteen, you will cede her to me. Until then, I will visit on the first day of the third month each year to remind you of our deal." A hint of the same steel flashed in his eyes that often did in his beast form, just in a prettier face. Producing a rose from the inner pocket of his coat, he flicked it to the floor in front of Giselle. "Don't forget." He turned and left, the rose a silent reminder of what the mother sold her child for.