View Single Post
blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby, like a reason why.

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 06-28-2015, 03:03 AM

The male closed his eyes. Gaia was right. Bad things always seemed to happen when they met…no whenever he was involved. “Everything I touch is eventually destroyed,” the words were mumbled and barely audible to the woman or even the light pair that were now nearby. A few moments passed before his golden eyes opened again, but the grim expression he wore still remained.

His eyes never left the woman’s as she stood before him. Her words were comforting, but in some ways he wished she would take her frustration and anger out on him to ease the pain she was in. “Thank you. I know you are not me.” That was something he knew well. Since the first time they met. They were in many ways the opposite of each other. Cináed knew he couldn’t hide the fact he was out for blood, nor would he deny it. There had been a time long ago that he wasn’t out for so much blood, but that changed when the one person he loved and cared for most in this world was taken away from him because of the king.

“I see. It is sad that she is no longer with us.” As Gaia cried into his chest, clinging to him he gentle wrapped his arms around her. A few tears ran down his own cheeks. He would miss their ‘Mother’. The fire elemental rubbed her back gently to sooth her. Though he knew their light brother was nearby he didn’t look over at him. He didn’t want to face him yet, not sure what he would make of this scene.

To the fire elemental relief the light elemental left along with his partner. He would not have to face them just yet. He hugged the earth elemental tightly for a moment before returning to just holding his arms around her lightly. “Gaia I can never apologize enough nor undo the things that I have done, but at least allow me to work with you. To help you do what our mother wished for.” The sadness and guilt he felt were still evident in his voice as he asked her permission to help her.

---------------------------------

The King was pleased to hear that nothing major took place in his absence. He knew well that his queen could handle things and his brother would act accordingly, but he didn’t totally trust his brother. A man who didn’t so much ambition for possibly taking what was just as much his birth right was a man that needed to be watched and couldn't be trusted. In his opinion sometimes Alister acted too content with his position.

“It is good that no much seemed to have happened.” Alaric continued to smile at her. “That is good. As always you are on top of things my love. It pleases me to know I can leave the kingdom in your capable hands when I must go away. At least I know you will keep that twin of mine in line.” He chuckled a bit before resting his head against hers.

Silence filled the space between them. Right now he didn’t want to move. His duties could wait, he was king and could do as he pleased. Catching up on everything was far more important at the moment. “For taking such good care of the kingdom while I was away what would you like my Kalypso?” This was one of the rare times he actually asked her or even offered to give his wife anything she desired.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 07-11-2015 at 04:12 AM..