View Single Post
hillary84
(・・^^^^^)~~
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 10-26-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchetyCrab View Post
I had never seen any episodes of Steven Universe until a few months ago when a couple of friends really put the pressure on me to watch it. At first I didn't really like it, because the humour wasn't well placed, but once I grew to love the characters, the humour made sense to me. I'm already caught up and wow the new characters are so good.

So. Good.

It's amazing to see shows breaking the boundaries. Steven Universe is one of the leading series that does this, with gender neutral gems (who all prefer female pronouns), open sexuality, and delves deep into character relationships without any fear or hesitation towards what society might think. And the issues they bring up in the episodes are extremely serious, yet the show does an amazing job keeping it at Steven's understanding level.

Plus the characters are badass and intense, and sometimes heartbreaking. I've cried so much over these 11-minute episodes, it's ridiculous.

Could totally go on about this show forever.

SPOILERX

I also have a massive crush on Peridot. Especially without her armour. She is so adorable!

SPOILERX

I do too!! So happy Peridot is getting redemption. Hope Jasper does too.

I do like it that it's told through Steven's point of view and that the humans in the show also are important.