View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 06-17-2015, 05:00 PM

Hand falling onto the helmet that masked his scarred face, he let out a sigh. Was this really how everything was going to play out? Sure, he was a novice compared to the others of his kind but that was something gravely overplayed. Just because he was youthful did not mean he was without experience, skill, and knowledge. In fact, he was probably more capable than some of them, especially witnessing everything play out before his eyes.

He had been following Aya since she first bumped into the hunter. Shepard, having the uncanny ability to not really stand out (aka blend in like the chameleon he was), was doing his very best to stay off the hunter's radar. Much to his luck, something happening deep within the forest seemed to keep the wandering hunter's senses from catching his aura.

Just as Aya seemed to be in the clear, another woman practically toppled the little thing. It was at that moment that Shepard felt a very strong notion to protect. It was overwhelming to the point where his ears started to ring and his palms grew sweaty.

What was this feeling? It was something he'd only really felt once before and it was when he was told that he was graced with a wondrous gift of protecting his life-partner.

Blinking his eyes, Shepard forced himself to regain composure. There was no need to lose his wits to her sweet, intoxicating aroma.

Not wanting to waste another second, the man clad in black somersaulted gracefully from the tree. Flicking the dirt from his uniform, his black helmet render reading his emotions useless. If one could see beneath the glass, however, they would see a rather straitlaced look on his face.

"I suggest you two run," his back was turned toward the enemy. "I will handle this one." He nodded toward Rufio. "I will find you once the threat has been nullified."