View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-03-2017, 05:04 PM

January 1, 2017

Last night was crazy. Normally, on New Year's Eve, I stay at home and go to bed early. I'm not a party girl. I don't like big crowds in small spaces; it makes me anxious. But my Husband's parents own a catering business and they were working a high-end party last night and needed servers. So my Husband, Sister-in-Law, Sister-in-Law's Fiance, and I worked the party for them. I made $350! I'm pretty excited because that money is going to help me next weekened when I go to the annual Music Educators conference! That will be hotel and purchase money! I'm super excited!

At the end of the night when we were cleaning up and the guests were leaving, this lady came over to me and whispered, "I don't want you to get in trouble, but I thought you were FANTASTIC! Can I have your number and can I call you to serve at my private parties?" HAHA That was my first time serving! I mean, I've worked fast food, but never a high end party. Never serving actual, GOOD food. Of course I gave her my number! Extra cash every now and then might be nice!