View Single Post
knittingandsarcasm
Champion of Kirkwall

Old 02-21-2016, 09:44 PM

I've read most of the Tragedies for school, most recently Titus Andronicus. I'd recommend that for anyone who wants to experience the bloodbath of Macbeth but without the intrigue. It's mostly just a gore-fest with disturbing themes and imagery.

My favorite plays are Much Ado About Nothing (LOVE the Tennant/Tate play!) and A Midsummer Night's Dream. The latter's 2014 Globe Theatre production used to be online but I haven't been able to find it recently; I'd definitely give it and all the other Globe Shakespeare productions a watch if you're able. It really is the best way to reward yourself for finishing the play and they're all beautiful shows.

I also went with a friend recently to a production of S***-faced Shakespeare, which was basically a one hour condensed production of AMND in which one of the actors (it was Demetrius for us) gets highly inebriated before the show and performs amongst an otherwise sober cast. It's hard enough to perform Shakespeare while sober, I mostly felt sorry for the actor during the performance. But it WAS pretty entertaining. :)