View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 PM

Smirk tugged at her mouth corners, she had caught him off guard. Not that it seemed entirely too hard to do, but it felt fitting that the 'Fancy Title' would get on his nerves, too, not just he on hers. As he spoke further, laughter bubbled in her chest. It must be because she was tired, because normally she wasn't easily amused. Mae wasn't one to wander around in bad mood, but most of time, she was neutral and had to focus on how others felt. But now, she rose hand hiding soft laugh and smile, although of course he would hear it.

"For someone who so passionately spoke about how horrible it is to be judged by skin and race, you surely hold a lot of bias towards others, Saith," she began explaining reason for chuckling. Priestess wasn't offended, no. Her time in temple had not only bleached any prejudices towards others, but also diminished sense of belonging to a race and racial pride that came with it. Early, her eyes had been opened that elves, too, could lie and cheat to gain the desired outcome so they were not really different than humans. She then continued her started thought: "At least enough to stop you from going after your dream when a chance appears. But do not worry that your aspiration and weakness have been exposed, I have learned to keep my share of secrets entrusted to me." Her tone was lighter, not exactly insulting, even if it could be taken so.

Suddenly, he was up and close, too close, she could sense his breath on her ear and tensed up, step nearly, but not quite faltering, and then Mae sped up, spinning around and walking backward, blue eyes staring at him, as if trying to figure something out. She knew each stone in this temple, having wandered through it countless times during days without lessons and nights when nightmares didn't let her rest, even with closed eyes she would be able to reach her destination. "I will have to agree you about my guards, they are not prepared for something actually happening other than losing a round of cards. Sadly, I cannot quite go alone without personal guard, it would be both improper and heighten the risk." She turned around corner, still walking backwards. Strange, never before she had wandered through the temple's darkness with someone. Not that it really mattered. Night had never scared her, even as child she knew there were far more worse things than shadows.

Then, they had arrived at doors of guard room and she knocked lightly. "Come in," someone grumbled from other side and when the pair entered, suddenly the three men sprung to their feet and awkwardly stared at bottles of ale on table. Obviously, they had tried to forget their failure and cold words she had told them earlier, but only ended up showing them in worse light. Woman shook her head in disappointment which stung each man more than yelling. She was their treasured priestess and they were really a poor excuse of guards... "Give this man back his belongings, the accusations have been cleared up," she told them.

"They're right here, Milady!" oldest one moved to cabinets, starting to pile things on chair. "I was told he brought strawberries?" she stated more than asked, when it seemed like the pile was complete but nothing of the sort could be seen there. "Ah... yes, well, my lady... We, they would have spoiled, you see..." the guard stammered. "So I see. Then you shall bring fresh ones tomorrow morning and deliver personally to Mr. Saith's room. Good night." She spun on her heel and exited, allowing drow gather his belongings and change, if he wanted to, before leading him back to his room. There, she bid him good night, not having confirmed if he would be taken on the journey or not, and went to her personal quarters where finally, half an hour later, sleep claimed her. Five hours she could rest and then it would be time for sunrise prayer.

Marwolaeth stretched, letting out a quiet sound of pleasure. Few times, she bent backwards and squatted before going on her merry way. Out of bag, she grabbed apple and ate it while moving between the trees that began thinning out the closer she came to beach side. Originally, she had planned to keep to inner edge of woods, but eventually decided to head for nearby neighboring town. She had a friend there - if people like her even had friends - that could help her out with few items and what's more, some valuable information.

It was next morning after her daring escape. Despite the fact she was probably very far behind thief, the woman had not lost her belief in catching it (as Laeth still couldn't quite determine if it was he, she or something completely different). Sleeping in a tree had not dragged her mood down, either. Although she highly appreciated luxury and comfort, the primal way of living in nature had its charms, too. It made her feel alive, with the touch of danger and unpredictability. Besides, Blue Eyes head was probably on some pike by now, or at least he was imprisoned, and while they struggled around him, that looked like her, her own tracks got colder and colder.

Suddenly, her attention was drawn to horizon. Storm raged there, but strangely... local one. Perhaps only square mile or two, not more. Woman smirked - she knew what it meant. Someone had crossed the Veil, or attempted to. Either way, it hadn't gone smoothly, the person probably didn't know the proper local dispel or didn't have the charm for easy passage. She let her gaze slide over the waters and the beach and soon, found what she was looking for.

Something was being washed ashore, remains of a strange boat and a person that clutched to them. It would not be like her to ignore such an event and leave, so she moved towards where water was carrying the objects. She wondered briefly if the person was still alive or not and if there would be anything of value on him or her, but ended up doubting it as no one who tried to reach Island really had anything... Unless he was a smuggler, but smuggler would have known how to cross the Veil, wouldn't he?

Marwo had reached the shoreline now and looking over the water once more, another form caught her eye. Something struggled in the water towards boat remains. Small, furry and awfully desperate, if she had to describe it. Quick glance towards the humanoid - he was already in sand now and didn't need any help, she could check his belongings later -, but the animal wouldn't reach shore. And, following her whim, as always, she grabbed a board, threw off her shoes and headed in the water, helping the creature out, if it would allow. Thankfully, the water was warm and she didn't have to get soaked too far up. The outfit was already ruined in her opinion, so sea water couldn't do it more harm.

Back on land, she'd put the creature down rather carefully in sand and then kneel down next to humanoid, checking for life signs.

~ p o p p e t ♥, Queen_Andais, star2000shadow, Eastriel are absolutely amazing ~