View Single Post
BelleMorte
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Blaiser
Depending on the situation... there are differences between criticism, voice of opinion[comments], mistake nit picking spectator and of course downright flaming[insult]. You must learn to distinguish them.

If a person would give critical analysis and instruction for you to build up/develop your style in art, that is what I called "criticism" and that person is a true critic. but there are people who meddle with your style, then it's just people who are voicing out their opinion[point of view] and those kind of audience will push you to change your style just to suite their tastes... also there are those who are bitter/hard people who can't see anything but mistakes from other artists hard works, they are just "pain in the @$$" for us artists.

Finally there are some jack@$$ who won't even look at your art and simply call it worthless trash[flaming]

It's up to you when to listen to certain criticism, cause even critics can go wrong or make mistakes. if you think their advice can help you improve... then accept it, if not? then let it go and be thankful for their time :D

I get a lot of people who think what I do is junk because it is more of a playdough like clay rather than the kind you bake. I don't do bakingish type cause well, quite frankly, I don't have the proper equipment. o.O'

I'm not sure how to tell if someone's being serious about what they criticize, and if they know or understand the media well enough to give criticism...but also I don't know if their knowledge of the media matters much?

I mean, yes it does take a chef to cook, but it doesn't take a chef to tell you if something tastes good or not, right? Is it the same with art? But at times I feel like people don't understand the media well when they begin to ask for a crazy amount of details, or when they suggest something really weird to do within an eggshell.

I kinda can tell the people that flame vs. the non-flamers, but I'm not sure which of the non-flaming opinions and suggestions are good ones.

That and I'm kinda afraid I'll lose the way I do things if I do things the way everyone else wants me to, and in the end sometimes what people ask me to do is different from what I thought they wanted me to do--their ideas in their head about how they want me to try something doesn't always come across the same when I'm trying to figure out what they want. x.x' So sometimes in the end I don't make anyone happy.