View Single Post
Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-26-2007, 08:00 AM

Magical Girl Nephila Christmas Episode
- - - - - - - - - Winters Revival: Let there be Snow!

It had been weeks since the fair land of Menewsha had seen even glimpse of snow. In fact it hadn’t snowed at all that year. The Air was uneasy as if nature itself was holding its breath. Nephila peaked out her bedroom window to greet the day hopeful that today would be the day it would finally snow. It hadn’t. This made her sad as she recalled the previous news of last night when the mayor cancelled the Christmas event this year due to lack of Holiday spirit. She stretched out her arm and picked a daffodil from her window garden.

“Your beautiful little flower, but being connected to nature you must know that something isn’t right. You shouldn’t be here right now. It’s winter.” She sighed, “Not that you can talk to me or anything.”

Just then and on perfect cue Nephila heard a little giggle coming from the flower.

“What was that?!” Nephila gasped as she dropped the flower to the floor.

“Ouch! First you picked me from my warm dirt and now you drop me. Very rude and I m just a delicate flower you know.”

“I –I- I m sorry.” Nephila twitched as she bent down to pick up the flower again.

“Aw Whatsa matter? Yummeh got your tongue? You shouldn’t be so surprised you’re a Magical girl after all.” The flower giggled “The answer to the question you seek is in the mountains.”

Nephila looked at the flower and looked at the mountains. What it had said made sense, year round the Menewshan Mountains were covered in snow. If there was some way to get it to the town on time it would look and feel like Christmas and prove that there was spirit in the town the Mayor might even un-cancel the Christmas event. Her heart lightened and a smile came across her face.

She raced out of her room barely dressed to pack a lunch for her trip to the mountains. As she was franticly packing Cheese, Bread sticks and cookies into a lunch bag her little sister Titanea came into the kitchen.
“Where are you going now?” Titanea asked as she watched Nephila stuff a whole bunch of things including the lunch into a school bag while rubbing her eyes awake.

“I can’t talk now Sis. A flower told me to go to the mountains to get some snow.” She quickly as she started to head out the door.

“A Flower? Your nuts!” Titanea said. “Wait! If you’re going out can you bring me back some candy?” She called out the door.

“Yeah try and remember. Be good don’t wake up mom and dad.”

As she started walking she had wondered why she hadn’t thought of it before. She’ll just use her magic wand of Order to put things in order. She was on a mission. Nothing could stop her except maybe the fact that she was still in her summer clothes. She looked around the corner of the street and saw a small convenient store. She took a peek inside and figured she might as well get some candy for her little sister. By the counter she saw the cutest little Hello Kitty bobble head on a PEZ Dispenser fully of candy. She quickly purchased it tucked it into her bag and walked to the back alley of the store.

“Now that there’s no one around I can change.” Nephila reached into her bag and pulled out The Staff of Order. Holding it to the sky she said. “Power light! Grant me the sight! I need you to fight. GO!”

A burst of energy hugged her body as it transformed her clothes into a cute white wintery Gothic Lolita outfit. Holding up her staff again she said “Alright now fly me to the top of the mountain.”

The Wind swept around her hair as she was lifted into the air. It didn’t take long to get to the top making her wonder what had made her pack a lunch. Her feet touched down lightly on the snow when she heard something strange.

It was a cross between laughter and meowing. She turned followed her ears and came across a strange snowman. It was a snow cat to be exact.

“You’re a winter spirit aren’t you?”

“Yes I m trapped in this snowman. Please help me get out. I m late and everyone is depending on me.” It said with the voice of a sweet old lady.

“Of course I will, but how did you get stuck in there in the first place?”

“Well deary I’m not as young as I used to be. I was floating around about to make with the snowflakes and I tripped...”

“You mean, you’ve fallen and can’t get up?” Nephila giggled.

“Hey! I’d like to see you fly about after as many millennia as I have.”

“Well I m not sure how to get you out, I think I m going to have a cookie from my pack and think about it.”

“I love cookies!” The spirit said as it glided itself free from the snowman. “Oh well would you look at that. I m free. May I have a cookie too dear?”

I can’t believe it glided free on its own will with the thought of a cookie Nephila thought to herself. “Sure,” Nephila laughed “Help yourself.”

As Nephila looked onto the Menewsha she saw the clouds gather and knew that the snow would soon find them. She left the rest of her lunch as an offering to the spirit and made her way home. Later on in the evening Titanea and Nephila nibbled the Pez candy in-front of the nightly news headline . . .
Mayor inspired to re-open Christmas Event due to a stern talking to from a snow cat.

“Gee sis our mayor is crazy like you” Tianea said.

“Hmm, maybe he is maybe he is.” She grinned knowingly.