View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-11-2015, 10:27 AM

I use a menstrual cup and I love it. I got a Diva Cup about 6 years ago and never went back to tampons. When I'm having a heavy period, I have to remember to empty the cup often and will wear panty liners to catch any leaks, but I found I take bathroom breaks at about the same rate as when I used tampons, so it hasn't been inconvenient. On lower flow days, I don't think I had to use the bathroom as often as with tampons, and I don't need to use liners at all (whereas before I never would have worn a tampon without a liner.)

I didn't do any research into brands before hand so I don't know how Diva Cup compares to other brands of menstrual cups, but I've been very happy with mine. It took a little practice at first but once I got the hang of it I found it very easy to insert and remove. I keep mine clean by rinsing it with water whenever I empty it, washing it with soap between periods, and occasionally soaking it overnight in a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide to remove the surface-level discoloration.