View Single Post
OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 07-06-2015, 08:45 AM

"N-no, I'm not scared. I just, I've never seen anything like it before! Is there an event in town?" Eloise asked, hoping that she hadn't just caused a problem between the two strangers. When the two had chosen their loaves Max chimed in with "Blueberry and Cheese, coming right up. We usually do meats and cheeses, eggs and other crops but today we're all sold out, so bread is all we have" As the girl began to talk animatedly about taking some produce home for their parents, Eloise realised that the two were related. Brother and sister in fact. "We stay open here until about six, but if you order for collection we can guarantee we'll have what you want left and we'll stay open a little later for you. That's just five pounds all together" Eloise smiled, she had finally recovered and found her voice again. The two of them were definitely not from around here. Their farm was on the outskirts of a tiny village named Salhouse just off the banks of the Norfolk Broads along the coast of England. The River ran through the town in parts but the town centre and market place was deserted of water.

As Eloise turned around with the two loaves neatly packaged, the man was just pulling out a beautiful looking pocket watch, and then it was gone, and the woman had set off running after a brief exchange with her brother. Apparently, someone had stolen the watch! It couldn't have been someone local, or Eloise and Max would have recognised them. "Want me to go after them and help her?" Max asked the man, but she was already gone. "Wow, she's fast! Never mind, I'll never catch up!" he smiled and then let out a little grunt as Eloise elbowed him in the ribs. "I'm so sorry about this! Your first visit to our town and this is how you get treated! I can assure you, these kinds of things don't happen here, and I didn't recognise the their so I don't think he was from around here. Do you want to use my phone to call your parents? I can get the police too!" Eloise said in a hurry. She knew that any business was good business and with the town having such a small population they relied heavily on travellers and tourists. "I'm Eloise Hastings, and this is my brother..." she elbowed him again as he was staring off into space. "Max!" she finished once she finally had his attention. "Yeah, I'm Max. If there's anything we can do for you let me know. And I think this one's on the house" he smiled as he refused to take the man's money. Eloise handed the bag over the counter and nodded. "Yeah, it's the least we can do" she said, trying to figure out where the travellers were from judging by their accent.