View Single Post
Cora
Pixel Pixie

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 PM

It was a cool night, but with all that had happened to them in that night the cool air felt nice against her skin. It also brought a fresher perspective into her mind as she thought over what they where about to do. But it was with a much clearer mind that she that she had turned to him. She felt the feeling of calm wash over her and was thankful for it. “there are many place to start but I think the best place would be at the train station.” it had been a thought she had had as well. The most logical thing to start with what they already knew.

“Some might say that I hunt out my copies because I love myself to much to hire someone that has they own looks.” she looked up into the face that she had gotten to know just a little better over the course of the last two nights. Was she really only useful to him because she looked like him. After a brief moment of contemplation she answered in a simple yet kind manner, “I don’t think that’s true you know. You care too much, I may have only just met you yesterday, but your eyes show a kindness and caring that wouldn’t be possible if you only cared about your own image.”

“I want you to go to the station and pick up any bags there for Lewis Valentine, if they have them you will find them at the ticket counter.” She nodded her head to show that she understood what she was asked to do. It was a simple enough task. It was only when she turned to leave that he stopped her and gave her a bundle of money. She carefully put the money into an inside pocket of her jacket. The truth was it was more money then she had ever even seen in her life and that made her a fair deal nervous, but she did not let this show on her face. He told her he would meet her at the station so she nodded once again, “Good Luck” she had said to him in a kind manner.

As she turned to walk away again she heard it. It was his voice, but there was something different about it. They can wait till later. She turned back to ask him what he had meant by that, but upon seeing him standing there as if he had said nothing she then shook her head. Was she hearing things? Was her mind, in light of everything that was going on, playing tricks on her? She forced the thought out of her head for the time being and focused on the task at hand.

She looked up at the moon in the sky, it was nearly 10:00 judging by the movement of the moon. She knew she had best hurry if she was going to make it to the train station with good timing before they closed for the last run at midnight. She headed down the dark streets wondering if they where going to find Lewis in time, and what Vincent was doing. It was only after she passed it, the taxi cab, that she thought of the money in her pocket, the ride would speed up the time it took her to get there. Vincent had told her to use it on expenses, and time was of the essence at the moment. Stepping into the back of the taxi she said to the man in the front, “I need to get to the train station as fast as you can get me their.”