View Single Post
d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・。)

Old 12-25-2007, 10:24 PM

10. Damsel or not?

Sein, although a girl, never wanted herself considered one. Not, that is, until she managed to find someone to hold her. He, Das, confessed to her. Sein, being kind accepted. It was only then, that Sein saw herself as a girl. She, though, had made a habit of fighting. She would, play, with the boys in the alley. She, on her own accord, would go into the alley, and pick fights. Sein knew better than to ever consider herself a girl in the alley, for that would make her look weak.

"You come back for more?"

"Are you scared?" Sein confidently threw the alley person's words back.

"You have it coming." and soon, Sein was in a fight, she loved the thrill. It excited her enough that she could care less about what else the world thought of her. She was there, having fun, playing, against the alley kids. The hits to her were small, just like to them, like a dance, avoiding each hit she could. There was no clear winner, till, she either got tired, or they did, no end, no blood on purpose.

Everyone watched the fight, Sein and the group's strongest, or bravest. They watched, never hearing the footsteps of someone walking into the alley.

"Sein?" Das's voice pierced through he chanting. Sein turned and looked back to see Das. Just in enough time to get hit because of the distraction. The fight stopped, at the impact, it threw Sein sideways, but not by much, she kept her footing from years of fighting.

"Das? What are you doing here?" Sein asked, watching the crowd part, so she could meet him, but she did not move.

"Stop this, your going to get yourself hurt." Das walked up to her in the circle, and hugged her, like someone trying to cage her. She hated the feeling, she didn't want her excitement to stop. He was caging her from her fun.

"Let go of me. I have it taken care of, I won't get hurt." Sein said sternly, she didn't want to look like a girl in the alley.

"It doesn't matter to me, just please stop." Das hugged her tighter, this just irritated Sein more, she was no damsel, and there was no pproblem, this was just playing with the alley kids to her.

"Let go, and go home." Sein tore herself out of the hug, she didn't want it now. "You don't belong here." She spoke directly to Das, who had the oddest look of confusion on his face, then he turned and left, unable to save his damsel, who, by his mind, was his goal. He wanted to be her strength, and keep her from harm. Yet Sein, walked into harm, and embraced it. Sein was no damsel in her mind, but to Das, she was.