View Single Post
Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 01-02-2023, 08:34 AM

Been a while, don't know when I was last seriously active.

1) In 2016, got married to my husband and honeymooned in Ireland which was my dream.
2) In 2017, we bought a house!
3) In 2018, we vacationed in Iceland which was beautiful. I also had the opportunity to leave my current school (I'm an elementary music teacher) and open a brand new school in my district. I became teacher of the year at my school that year and really heavily invested time into building my program.
4) In 2020, The pandemic hit and my job hasn't looked the same since.
5) I live in stupid Florida so they forced teachers to go back to work in the middle of a pandemic but also made us teach online at the same time. And as a music teacher was told my kids were only allowed to sing outside. Imagine, in your mind, me taking 15 kids outside to sing in 90°F with a laptop for the other 8 kids in your class to be part of your lesson...spotty internet, school next to a major highway, wearing a mask, had to wash every instrument in my class after anyone touched it. Oh it sucked .
5) Also in 2020 - found out I was pregnant with my baby boy!!
6) In January 2021, got COVID while pregnant in my 2nd trimester. Worst experience. No one really knew how it would affect my baby and I got realllllllly sick
7) May 2021 - gave birth to my healthy and beautiful baby boy! He is a true Mommy's Boy and my mini-me! We share the same red hair and blue eyes! He is my world! And, if you didn't know, I'm adopted. My lovey is the only person in the world I know im blood related to - it is a surreal feeling.
8) Battled some really awful PPD and PPA and took meds for it for anxiety and depression for the 1st time in my life. I've always had severe anxiety. Taking meds was an amazing experience for me because, for the 1st time ever, I felt the edge of my anxiety lifting!
9) In 2022, my job FINALLY let me start singing inside again AND we had our first concert in years!
10) In 2022, found out we are due with our 2nd, and final, child in May 2023! This baby is also a little boy! Im super nervous about adding a 2nd child into the mix but im also super excited to complete our family!