View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-17-2015, 09:56 PM

The two watch their engineer and strange newcomer talking in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Although seeming such a straight-laced person, Issa's view on morality is strangely ambiguous at times and she does not seem to be out to get everyone that has strayed away from the law. But she also cannot understand the struggle of having friends walking down a path that disappoints you. And as for Nathan? He knows there will always be law breakers and these friends of Radelle's will start to concern him only when they endanger her. He, too, does not know how to comfort her when her face falls thinking about them, realizes it is not his place to do so.

When Galerow walks out, Tasi cheers up, most likely from his last words. At her suggestion, Issa tilts her head to side ever so slightly. "That is not up to me and we have managed well so far without him," she reminds and had she been anyone else, Roscoe would think Boss feels insulted that their engineer thinks they need another person in their crew. But it's Boss, she doesn't feel insulted. While he... He frowns slightly at the hint about 'test', but tells himself it's none of his business. At this, their little gathering fall apart, each going about their duties again.

When Galerow addresses him, Nathan turns unwavering stare towards the blue haired man. There's a flicker of... Something akin to understanding in his eyes. He knows pain and loss, even though of different kind, knows the blind rage it lights inside you, never to go out, especially if you can never even attempt to close the chapter of this loss. "As long as you don't put my teammates in danger," is all he says, though. Apparently that serves as accepting the apology and taking the doctor into their fold, as much as Roscoe can, given the circumstances. Does he trust Androw? No. Trust takes sweat, blood and most importantly time to build.

With this, they move into the crowd, but their journey comes to a sudden stop when a woman approaches them. The two listen carefully, expressions unchanging and when Androw turns to ask her for a decision, she does not respond immediately. Instead, young woman kneels down so she and the child are on the same eye level. The gazes meet and spark of curiosity glints in his. "Hello, my name is Issa, what is yours?" she asks as seriously as she would an adult.

"Hello... I am Bryan. You have strange, pretty eyes, Issa," the boy tells her, with that honesty and wonder only children can have and not even of all the races. "Thank you," she replies, soft waves of his consciousness washing over her. At first, it was not her intention to read them, but not even the tired, broken body can break the active mind of child that acts much like a signal tower to her. And so the images flash somewhere behind her eyes and at the same time in the depth of her mind.

There are emotions she cannot understand, fear, pain, bits of happiness, exhaustion... But as fascinating as they are, the faces interest her far more. For this child has seen people that might be playing very important role in various cases. The mother is much harder to read, her mind full of only her need to convince Androw to help her son, so these flashes from his mind is all she can rely on. However, taking calculated risks are a natural part of her work, so she stands up again and turns to Galerow.

"You should do it and you will not lose your licence if you do," she tells the possible savior. "However, his grandfather must be quite old, would such organ benefit the child? I could have an emergency transplant be arranged for him, if it would be more beneficial," she asks. If Androw says that this is their only chance and the boy has no time left, she turns to the mother and tells her firmly: "I will need to see the boy's grandfather before I approve anything."

"Boss," Nathan says, with slightest frown. Although there is definitely an altruistic streak in the sath, she rarely does something she sees no purpose of. Could merely saving a life be one in this case, or there is something more? "I know what I am doing," she assures him in same monotonous tone, but he doesn't need to hear anything else. After short consideration, the mother agrees and leads the way, now carrying the child who is too tired to walk. The crowd parts, giving them space.

Should they go to the family's home, Issa talks with grandfather for only short while, basically asking if he gives his full consent for this act and if so, asking to sign something on her data pad. In this case, she would ask Androw what he would need to perform the operation here and now.

If Androw says they have enough time for another transplant, she gathers needed information no one knows what magic she pulls over a few calls she takes, stepping away from the crowd, but in an half hour she comes back, telling that an appropriate transplant and blood packages will be arriving in four to six hours.

Last edited by sadrain; 12-28-2015 at 04:11 PM..