View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:54 PM

Amory was glad to see Sam's smile surface again after his comment on what it must've been like to work as a valet, but Sam's own take on the situation let down the image he had had running through his mind. He must've sounded foolish, making that assumption. Embarrassed, Amory said nothing in turn, instead keeping his mouth shut this time. Why do I even care what I said? He felt a bit restless, with his thoughts churning as they were, and the presence of Sam seemed to just add more to the flurry sweeping through him. He hadn't had quite so much on his mind in a long time. It was starting to give him a bit of a headache, his fingers itching to rub his temples, though he withheld the urge.

His eyes widened a little as he heard Sam next comment on the newsies, his opinion on them seeming to be pretty clear even as he dismissed the topic. That's... refreshing. A grin was just starting to take shape along his lips when it stopped dead in its tracks midway, the mention of the rumors from Sam throwing him off. Wait, but I had been one of those target last night. Was I involved? A mixture of anxiety and fear danced in his eyes, even after Sam tried to wipe them of blame. Sam, the stagehands, hell-- anyone here could be seen as clean. I am still not so sure. Amory played through what he remembered of the night again, about his conversation with this angel of his. What actually happened? The more he thought about it, the more he distrusted his idea of it being a dream.

"I do," Amory spoke honestly as he looked at how neatly his hair had just been styled, nodding slowly along with the instructions he received about keeping it in, had he wanted to. I might do just that. He mused, then letting his gaze move to Sam's hair in the reflection of the two of them. He tried to imagine Sam slipping the silk stocking on his head like he described, and though he found the idea a bit silly, it lead him to smiling once again. "I think..." He began, then let his voice trail off as he studied Sam's image in mirror, trying to focus on how his hair may appear if it were cut. I do like the curls, though. Amory, quickly correcting his thought process, spoke up again more firmly, opting not to compliment him as he had first wanted to, "It looks great as is, actually. It seems to suit you, in a way."