View Single Post
sukishine
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥
Send a message via AIM to sukishine Send a message via MSN to sukishine

Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM

Nah, you're better. ;3
I sometimes get nervous, usually when I'm thinking about myself too much when the song isn't even about me. xD
I've gotten to where I can usually control the shaking to where it doesn't make my voice shake, just my legs, but not always. But that's just my problem in general. I'm a pianist but I don't like playing in front of people...my hands shake if I think too much. xD;; But it's way worse on the flute. If I get nervous on that, there's absolutely no saving it. Everything has got to be totally relaxed to play it decently.
Since about the third grade my sisters and I started singing at nursing homes and hospitals and we did that for years then things get so busy and plus we got lazy. I still miss those days when I felt like I was making a difference. Those sweet elderly people had to listen to us sing but they didn't care what it sounded like, they were so thankful that we came. <33
But I think sometime this week we might go to my uncle's nursing home and sing.
I'm used to praise and worship and most Sunday's my sisters and I do a special but it's hard when my older sister never practices with us or by herself.
Lately my twin sister and I keep singing Disney songs. They are addictive and they fit my voice pretty well. I don't have the powerful voice like you although it can get loud. I just can't make every song sound great and my range isn't the best...I wish I could go lower. D;
I always sing or play with passion though. Every song has a message and there's always something I can bring to it and like in your video you sang a message and everyone else just sang to sing.
But anyways, I just really don't like performing. I'm more of a personal enjoyment kind of person but I don't remember getting nervous when singing at nursing homes. It's just a completely different atmosphere there. They're like my grandparents.

You're going to do great! Just be prepared and I'm sure you'll have a great time. x3
Sorry for such a long post. x.x