View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 07-13-2014, 01:33 AM

No sooner than Katerina had reached for him, his hand shot out and grabbed her. It startled her and a mix of shock and confusion crossed her features, and then concern. His fingers were digging into her skin and he seemed very bothered. "Ouch," she said aloud, hoping he'd realize he was actually starting to hurt her.

She nodded again. "Yeah," she replied. "I traveled there recently. There was a really big cover-up there a while back. There aren't many people left there." Her face turned to a look of sorrow. "Most of them were murdered, or disappeared mysteriously. But when I interviewed the people who lived there, their memories seemed to have been erased of anything ever happening. It was very strange. They all told the exact same story of sunny days and people moving away, even people who had died."

"But, the sun never shines there. And no one moved away. Whatever had happened there, happened so quickly and right under everyone's noses, up until the end anyway. No one had time to get out. There was one person though, a girl, Rebecca something. She seemed to be the only person who knew anything. But she wouldn't tell me. It was like she was protecting some big secret."

"I'm convinced it was supernatural. When I did some digging into the town's history, I found that it was built on these ley lines, that are basically just giant beacons to supernatural creatures. And that wasn't the first time something like that had happened there." She gave the information as if telling some kind of campfire story, though very excited about it.

Katerina tugged at her arm. "You're starting to freak me out a little bit," she finally mumbled. She glanced at Rose, and the other male in the room, questioning if they were following the conversation at all, but mostly wondering if they'd help her out if this guy lost it.