View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-16-2016, 06:48 PM

The last night, Daisy had a dream of her teeth falling out... Those dreams always made her feel more anxious when she woke up. She knew that those dreams usually meant she went to sleep anxious. Daisy rubbed her eyes and looked at her digital clock on the side table across the room. It was early... Still, she had a lot of things to get ready before she'd be picked up for her cruise.

On the papers there was a number to call, a website to visit, and a lot of extra information for Daisy in case she had any questions. Surely, she thought she was crazy for hopping into a car with a stranger and allowing them to take her to a "cruise" that she'd supposedly won tickets for... It was just so strange. Daisy sighed.

Lazily, she slid out of bed and slipped to the floor in a crumpled heap. It took her a few minutes to wake up completely, but she did and she got to her feet, walked to her closet and began to find something presentable to wear. It took her a while to find something to wear, for when she was nervous like this it always made her decisions way harder. She was so nervous she couldn't stop her hands from shaking as she ran them through her clothes. She had to have something in this stupid closet.

Daisy almost jumped five feet in the air when her cell began to ring. She scrambled across her room to find her phone which was now buried under piles of sheets and duvet. She pulled it out and pushed answer just in time.

"H-hello...?!"

"Daisy! It's the big day!" It was her sister. "I'm sorry I can't be there to send you off and say gooodbye, so I'm calling you now to say it."

"Well, if this was such a big day you could have waited another day before returning to college, y'know..."

"You know I couldn't do that! I have tests and projects I need to turn- Oh hey, I've got to go, anyway, I just wanted to tell my baby sister how excited I am for her!-"

"Bette, wait!"

"Bye!"

And the line went dead. Daisy groaned. She didn't have time to figuring out what the hell to wear, so she settled for a skirt and an oversized sweater. That was always a good choice to wear when she didn't know.

----

Right on schedule, the limo came to pick Daisy up and Daisy said goodbye to her parents. Her heart was thumping loudly in the cage of her ribs and she suddenly found that in her mind was a reel of all the worst possible scenarios that could happen on this cruise... As the driver closed the door to her limo, she looked at her parents and nearly cried. What if this was the last time they ever saw her?! What if the boat sinks and she's lost at sea...? And what if no one finds her?!

So many worries... Daisy felt nauseous as the limo approached its destination. The cruise ship was beautiful, no doubt. Still, Daisy felt so scared that something terrible would happen on this trip. Her fears made her visibly shake as the door opened and she stepped out of the limo.

She was greeted with many cameras and a large crowd of faces she didn't recognize, all saying things she couldn't hear. The flash of the camera made her even more nervous and scared and instinctively she hid her face behind her hands and turned away from the cameras. This had to be some sort of joke, right...?

She nearly jumped out of her skin again when she felt a hand on her arm.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

That voice was the only thing that Daisy did recognize. But, could it really be...? She slowly peered over her hands to see the person who was touching her shoulder, her heart skipped a few beats... Tom Hiddleston?! Really?! Tom gripped Daisy's hand pretty tightly and began to move her through the crowd and up onto the boardwalk then onto the ship. Daisy didn't breathe the entire time.

"I so apologize, Miss. You just seemed to scared, I had to help..." Tom's voice was even more soothing in person than it was in his interviews. Daisy couldn't breathe. Tom's face looked worried and Daisy still couldn't breathe. "Are... are you alright?"

Daisy turned her back to Tom and leaned against a wall, feeling the panic settling in her chest. She slid to the floor, Tom's voice now faded far in the distance. She tried to breathe, tried to catch her breath so she could actually face Mr. Hiddleston and have a normal, human conversation. She'd fantasized about meeting him some day, now that day is actually here and she can't even talk. How embarrassing.

Daisy closed her eyes, feeling rather light and airy for a few minutes. All the while, Tom was pushing back the press and making sure that worried onlookers didn't crowd the nervous girl.