View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 04-06-2016, 01:08 AM

It was a rather log and awkward silence that was spreading quickly through the air and Daisy and Tom waited for Susan to return with men to move one of the beds. There were a couple of rooms in the suite, certainly they could have thought to move the bed BEFORE she and Tom arrived.

Daisy felt so nervous with Tom sitting there on the bed as she sat at the vanity. They didn't say anything for a long time. But Tom's cheery, posh voice broke the silence,

"I'm sorry, Miss, I never caught your name..."

Daisy early choked on her words and she squeaked, "Daisy Buchanan." She heard Tom give a soft, 'Ah.'

"It's wonderful to meet you, Miss Buchanan." Tom was trying to lighten the mood, it was probably obvious that Daisy was still anxious and struggling to think of what to say or how to say it. Tom's cheerful mannerisms helped a little, Daisy had to admit. Daisy still didn't say anything in response. She felt so tiny compared to him. Both in size and figuratively. He was a big superstar. Women practically tripped over themselves and fell at his feet should he so much as look in their general direction. He was somebody... Daisy was nobody.

Daisy began to visibly shake as Tom stood up. He noticed this, of course and came closer to Daisy, which, in turn made her shake even more. "Are you alright, Miss Buchanan?" He reached out and touched Daisy's shoulder, which made Daisy flinch. She started to feel nauseous, but she didn't say anything to Tom. Instead she just covered her mouth and pretended to be in deep thought.

"I-I'm fine."

"Are you nervous? I've never seen anyone shake like this before."

Daisy was nervous. As much as she loved Tom Hiddleston, it was very different loving him from a distance than it was to see him in person. As kind as he was, he intimated her, he was HUGE! A freaking Sasquatch of a man... And he was so beautiful in person. Daisy felt insignificant. Her foot began to tap against the wood floor and she tried her best to take her mind away from the nausea that was creeping through her body. If she focused knit for too long, she knew she'd throw up.

"I-I... I-" Daisy stammered trying to find the words. The words weren't coming to her. "I-I've just had a long day."

"You know, Miss Daisy. Since we're going to be spending quite some time together, you don't have to be scared to tell me that you're scared. I completely understand if you are."

Daisy wanted to change the subject. "They are taking a long time to get in here to move this damn bed." Tom laughed, which annoyed Daisy. But honestly, he was so pleasant, she couldn't stay mad at him for long.

"It's only been fifteen minutes." He chuckled. Daisy was embarrassed. It felt like hours had passed to her. She thought about remaining quiet. "Maybe you'd feel better if you unpacked your luggage?" Tom suggested. Daisy didn't want to unpack her luggage in front of Tom. She shook her head violently. "Perhaps we can watch something on TV?" Tom suggested. Daisy shook her head to that too. She didn't like being alone with Tom. He was a stranger, even though she felt she knew him through his interviews and through his movies, it was quite a different experience to finally meet him in person. "Perhaps we can go for a walk, then? I think a change in scenery will do you some good."

To this, Daisy agreed, "O-okay." She grabbed her purse and Tom gave her his arm for her to hold onto. He led her to the door, but before he opened it, he reached his arms around Daisy and swallowed her in a warm hug. Daisy's heart skipped beats. "You're so shaky, Miss Daisy, it worries me. I felt you needed that." Daisy didn't say anything in response. She just patted Tom's back carefully before he had let her go.

Together they left the suite and made their way into the shopping centre of the ship.