View Single Post
CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 04-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Back in her room, Astoria was burying her face in her hands, while her iPad was in front of her. Her mother was on the screen, trying to calm her down.

"Now listen here, Tori," she said. "You have to just get rid of all these feelings you have about this trip being... weird or whatever, okay honey? Come on, this is a once in a lifetime chance! You will probably never get treatment like you'll be getting on that ship, ever again." Astoria groaned.

"Mom, it's not about weird or anything," Astoria replied. "I mean, I am so out of place on this ship! There's this... butler who keeps calling me Miss Wells, if you can believe that, and he- he- he bows, Mom! Literally!" She threw her hands up in the air.

"Tori, calm down, okay? This is just the beginning. Things can happen. People will loosen up, and you will start having fun." Astoria sighed.

"Maybe." She raised her head and put her hands down, giving her mother a smile. "How's Freddie?" At that, Fred jumped in front of his mother.

"Boo, Tori!" he screamed, cackling wildly. Astoria laughed out loud. "Hey there, kiddo," she said, grinning widely. Her brother had that effect on her, putting a smile on her face even in the saddest, or the most confusing of moments.

"Did you find the Millennium Falcon yet?" he asked, in an excited voice.

"Nope, I just got here. Like, thirty minutes ago. I spent the first fifteen minutes getting to this room, the next ten trying to get off the ship, and the last five talking to you and Mommy. I will get it for you, okay? Promise."

Fred held his chin with a thoughtful expression on his face. Then he nodded, as though her answer satisfied him.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, which made Astoria jump. "Who is it?" she called.

"Miss W- I mean, Astoria, it's me, Sebastian," said the voice at the door. Astoria leaned down and spoke to her mother and brother.

"Hey, I'll talk to you guys later, okay? Bye, love you, say hi to Dad for me." She ended the call and went to answer the door.

"Hello, Sebastian," she greeted the man. "Is something wrong?" She looked around behind him curiously.

"No, nothing's wrong, I just wanted to let you know that there will be a formal dinner at the Captain's table tonight, where all three winners are to be seated," he informed. "I wanted to check whether you had anything to wear for the dinner, because if you don't, we can go over to the stores on deck and find something for you."

Astoria couldn't help smiling. "Is it that obvious I'm new to this?" she asked. "It's alright. My mom forced me to throw in a couple of dresses for things like this, so I'm set. Besides, I wouldn't be able to pay for any dresses even if I needed one."

"Oh, about that, Astoria, your winnings include a lot of money, for use in the shops on board. So, if you need anything, please don't hesitate. You could get your hair and makeup done at the salon too, if you wish."

"I'll keep that in mind, Sebastian, thanks," Astoria said, resisting the urge to blink in disbelief. When Sebastian left to knock on Felix's door, Astoria closed her own rather hurriedly and collapsed on her bed. This was going to be a long trip.

Last edited by CycloneKira; 04-10-2016 at 01:55 AM..