View Single Post
Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Nate just laid there. Throughout the yelling and the fair woman gently inspecting him, he had been still and quiet. Barely breathing. But his mind was on fire, a cacophony of activity, dreamscapes.

Hallways on hallways on hallways, twisting through each other and connecting and circling back through impossible means. Rooms thrown around, archways made of trees with dead branches and rotting leaves, chambers filled with gray light filtering from windows that lead to nowhere. A field of sunflowers surrounding his grandmother's home and he wasn't yet tall enough to see above them, staring at the sky as the sun sets and a rustling starts in the flowers, moving fast and closer as the seconds go by and the buzzing of flies increased as it drew closer and his eyes slipped shut just as the stalks began to part--

A slap to his face rouses him, eyes fluttering open sluggishly as he's pressed against the wall and that infuriating man with the bells in front of him. But he could only barely hear them jingle now. In fact he was sure the noise they made were from his memory alone. He must've taken them off. Good. His eyes slid closed again, the light too much for his still pounding head.

He only spoke when the man smacked him again, letting out a annoyed noise. "God...alright I'm awake dammit.." Nate grumbled, lifting a hand to push at the other, to get him away. There wasn't much force behind him at all. In fact it was bell-boy keeping Nate upright.

((And I'm back! Sorry about that vanishing that was me going on a last minute overnight trip! Sorry I didn't get to tell you guys it kind of caught me off guard.))

Last edited by Hidden Cupcake; 07-03-2014 at 12:02 AM..